Bob Dennis guitar picker extraordinaire

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Bob Dennis guitar picker extraordinaire

Postby Steve Sanders » Tue May 28, 2013 10:27 am

Friends, neighbors, fellow ChetBoarders; Just wanted to tell one and all about my good friend Bob Dennis. He currently has 2 of his CD's on E-Bay right now. They are the first one "Heads Up" and his second "Autumn's Gold". You used to be able to get them from Funky Junk when they were in business, but now E-Bay is the way to go. If you have never heard Bob play then you are in for a real treat!!! I put him right up there with Chet, Paul, Hank Garland, Johnny Smith, Tal Farlow, Joe Pass, and a lot of other great players. I've listened to a LOT of players over many years and I believe I can honestly say I know a fine guitar player when I hear one. You owe it to yourself to listen to Bob play some great gospel tunes, most of which are familiar, and a few he wrote himself. Your gonna get a smile on your face when you hear some little ditties from Chet, Hank, and other pickers tastefully woven into these unique and inspired arrangements. Bob can take an old standard and "restore" it like an old car, all bright and shiny and rarin' to go!! Some tunes will make ya wanna have a runaway!! Others are sweet and mellow and very soulful. I have both of these CD's and they are always on top of my CD stack because I play them so much. And something else...Bob is an absolute master in the recording studio. It's one thing to be a great guitar player, but you gotta get it recorded and that is very important to the final results. You will greatly surprised and inspired when you hear his tone and overall audio sound quality. That is why Chet stood out amongst all the other guitar players. He could PLAY it and he could RECORD it. Guys like these don't come around very often, so you better pay attention, Son!! You are about to be musically blessed by a great guitar player. Sides all that, Bob is a super nice fellar! You WILL thank me later! Steve
Steve Sanders

Re: Bob Dennis guitar picker extraordinaire

Postby Greg Butler » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:02 pm

You are right! Bob Dennis is one of the finest guitarists that I've ever heard. I have several of his cds and have listened to them over and over again. And you are right about his ability to record. His cds are top notch. And he is a nice guy to add to all of this. I highly recommend that those who love to hear Gospel music in Chet's style give Bob a listen.
Greg Butler

Re: Bob Dennis guitar picker extraordinaire

Postby Roger Hardin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:34 am

I agree with everything Steve said. Bob Dennis is one of the best in my book. Bob was the first player who really got my attention.
Roger Hardin

Return to Announcement and News