Very Excited Pickers...

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Very Excited Pickers...

Postby ajbremer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:39 pm

I'm pretty stoked about getting together tomorrow morning here at the Best Western in Eufaula, Oklahoma with other Chet pickers.

I knew that some people have wondered what the goal of having a club is, what's the purpose? Well, I wrote up a little webpage at the chetpickers.com website that explains the goals of having a club. I thought ya'll might like to read it:

http://chetpickers.com/goal.html
ajbremer

Re: Very Excited Pickers...

Postby RonBloor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Allan.. Hope things went well for you. We have been meeting regularly for many years here in the great white north!! Sometimes we only get a couple of die hard Chet Pickers out and that can be discouraging, but thanks to the efforts of Randy Finney here in Toronto, we have just kept at it... Take care.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Re: Very Excited Pickers...

Postby Steve Sanders » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 am

I was one of the lucky ones to attend the meeting of Okie Chet-pickers. Alan did a GREAT job and many THANKS for his time and effort in getting it all together! John McClellan was there and golly can that boy play!! I had no idea!!! I knew he was good.....but he must have been into the caffeine because he was on fire! Allan is a great player and his "Take Five" rendition was killer! Thanks for the headache after hearing that!! (Jis kiddin'!!!) And he and his wife are super nice folks. Fellow Okie and ChetBoarder Richard Hudson was there and as usual brought along his super smooth playing and in my opinion some of the best tone out there. Yeah, he sounds real good on his posts, but you ought'a hear him in person! Thanks Richard, I always look forward to being around you because I learn something valuable. I went to the meeting to beg, borrow, and steal and I came away with lots of new stuff. For those of you who didn't make it you really missed out. It is very good for folks to come together and pick and fellowship. Not just the pickin' but talking and hearing about our individual experiences. A fellar can learn a LOT at get-togethers like this!! Thanks again Allan. I have new friends!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Return to Announcement and News