Legends Thumbpicking Champion is Josh Woods!!!

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Legends Thumbpicking Champion is Josh Woods!!!

Postby RandyBuckner » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:35 am

Roger and Phil -

Thanks for your kind words about my playing, it means a lot to me.

Roger: Tell Lee I said hello, and what's he up to today? I had a blast getting to jam with you all at the Super 8. I've made mental notes of the songs I either want to learn or re-learn so I can play some respectable guitar solos.

Phil: Ben is a smokin' guitar picker and has a great future ahead of him, I'm sure.

As for the question about a "God-given-talent", I think Roger and Phil are both right - God gives us the talent to create music, but it's up to us to do something with it.

Randy
RandyBuckner

Postby cgprnd » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:34 pm

Randy, I definitely agree with you. Somehow my point about WHEN that all usually happens was lost along
the way. The talent is usually discovered early in one's life and then comes the practice that results in products
such as Roger Hardin, Chet Atkins, etc.

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby Phil Owens » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 am

Roger Hardin wrote:Phil, I was at the Jam session at the Super 8 and Randy was there with us along with Robert Anderson, Paul Mosley, Pat Kirtley, Lynn Clapp, Palmer Moore, Dave Duncan and last but not least John Knowles. I am sure I left a few out but this was a lot of fun and we created a lot of great memories. I wish you could have been there You would have been so proud of Ben he was awesome.

thanks
roger

Thanks Roger! I think I am going to get Ben one of those portable recorders so he can capture stuff like that. Ben sure loves to jam, sometimes I think as much as playing solo; he sure was in good company this time! Funny, when he was leaving the hall he texted his mom and said he was exhausted, and he would call her when he got back to the motel. Hour-and-a-half later he texts again and says, "Sorry, jam session at the motel."

So glad he got to hang out with you guys.

Phil
Phil Owens

Postby Pam E » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 am

A few of us, in the pickin room, got to hear Josh on that new guitar of his. It sounded beautiful and his playing, well....just amazing. I sure do love listening. :D Thanks, guys.

Pam Eckroth
Pam E

Postby RonBloor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Pam E wrote:A few of us, in the pickin room, got to hear Josh on that new guitar of his. It sounded beautiful and his playing, well....just amazing. I sure do love listening. :D Thanks, guys.

Pam Eckroth

Hi Pam... Perhaps this will encourage more to join us in the picking room. The link is on the front page of this board.. "Live Pickin' Room". People drift in and out, but they usually start getting serious about 10pm EST nightly. ;)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby thenorm » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:09 pm

"... You might be born with a golden ear but those fingers don't come pre-configured. I tend to believe "it" has a lot more to do with desire and commitment than what you are born with. .."

Chet said once "There aren't any shortcuts."
thenorm

Postby cgprnd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:51 pm

Ron, I certainly don't need the "encouragement" to join all of you in the "Pickin Room". I need to ability or setup to do it. Len Collins has had me in there in the past when I lived in Texas and once wanted to set me up to do a concert. I've never had so much difficulty with anything in my life as I've had with this issue and trying to record. I'm long overdue for a CD. Encouragement is not something I need.........lol.

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby Pam E » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:34 pm

cgprnd wrote:Ron, I certainly don't need the "encouragement" to join all of you in the "Pickin Room". I need to ability or setup to do it. Len Collins has had me in there in the past when I lived in Texas and once wanted to set me up to do a concert. I've never had so much difficulty with anything in my life as I've had with this issue and trying to record. I'm long overdue for a CD. Encouragement is not something I need.........lol.

Rande

Hey Rande, I remember when you came those times.....if you get those issues and setups resolved, please come and do that concert for us in that room, we'd be so happy to hear you.

Pam Eckroth
Pam E

Postby cgprnd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi Pam,

Considering that I have a masters degree in physics and was once hired as the first computer teacher at a private secondary school, not to mention the fact that so many on this board are either recording and/or easily able to get into the Pickin' Room, I feel pretty stupid........lol. However, I still practice as if it will all come together tomorrow.

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

Postby cgprnd » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Pam, I forgot to thank you for your kind words about remembering my "visit" to the room and your encouragement.

Rande
Rande Dager
cgprnd

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement and News