D.P. Signs With Yamaha

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

D.P. Signs With Yamaha

Postby Wes Southerland » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:09 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUKXSUP5 ... e=youtu.be

Just wondering if you guys knew about David's new venture. Here is a link to a video of "The Way You Make Me Feel" an original composition that I feel is a cut above. He has played all the instrument parts on a Yamaha Tyros 4 Keyboard and put flawless fingerstyle track on top. I really think we all should get behind David and encourage him to dig deep and put his creative material to disc. He is a great player and has developed a great style that is becoming all his own. I really like his artistic arranging ability. I had heard about him playing a Country Gentleman but this is the first footage I have come across. Congratulations To David for signing with Yamaha, a first rate company!

Thanks,
Wes
Wes Southerland

Re: D.P. Signs With Yamaha

Postby PhilHunt » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I gotta say...David got a great sound with that Gent. That was a neat little tune.
PhilHunt

Postby David Elliott » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Wes Southerland wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUKXSUP5lNc&feature=youtu.be

Just wondering if you guys knew about David's new venture. Here is a link to a video of "The Way You Make Me Feel" an original composition that I feel is a cut above. He has played all the instrument parts on a Yamaha Tyros 4 Keyboard and put flawless fingerstyle track on top. I really think we all should get behind David and encourage him to dig deep and put his creative material to disc. Thanks,
Wes

David is an outstanding guitarist and a great arranger!

David Elliott
David Elliott

Postby srgntschultz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 pm

First of all Congrats David on signing on with one of the worlds biggest and best instrument companies out there,thats quite a accomplishment! And after hearing your new tune with the yamaha keyboard i cant wait what you come up with next! Thats a beautiful fingerstyle song. I would love to hear it played on nylon guitar so we could compare it to the steel string version. You definetly have a great style and a nice light touch for fingerstyle guitar. Anyone that can compose a complete song doing all the parts and sounds that good has to do more for all of us fingerstyle guitar players to hear and learn to play! Keep up the good work, it will all work out in the end and be worth the effort, you definetly deserve it. Your music and guitar playing has to be heard,its that good! And i also love the tone you getting with your hollowbody guitar. I have heard and have watched a lot of guys play that same guitar and very few can make it sound like that,keep me posted with more new/music,its awesome!
srgntschultz

Postby Tom Workman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 am

Now why doesn't my Nashville Classic sound like that when I play it? hmm... Outstanding pickin' indeed! -Tom W.
Tom Workman

Postby pattie surman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:47 am

Congratulations to my friend David. If you really think we should get behind him and support him, then let's get rid of that negative Gretsch Page. It's been there too long. That's my opinion and it ought to be everybody's. Stan .
pattie surman

Postby Norm » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:29 am

"negative Gretsch page?"
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby pattie surman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 am

Go to Google and type in David Paul "Gretsch Page".
pattie surman

Postby pattie surman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:55 am

Correction ,David Paul Gretsch Page.
pattie surman

Postby pattie surman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:57 am

Very strange David Paul.
pattie surman

Next

Return to Announcement and News