Music Saturday Morning On Court House Lawn

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Music Saturday Morning On Court House Lawn

Postby Greg Butler » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:23 pm

For any of you about an hour east of Atlanta who might be interested, my sons and I have been invited to do some
pickin' on the old Walton County Court House lawn in Monroe, GA this coming Saturday morning beginning at about 10:30...some southern Gospel, Chet tunes, etc. Local farmers set up a produce market and vendors have other items for sale in the Court Street area. The event goes until around 1:00 p.m. There's plenty of parking in the downtown area. There's lots of shade under the old trees. Bring a lawn chair if you like.
Greg Butler

Re: Music Saturday Morning On Court House Lawn

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:08 am

Good luck on that gig, Greg. Those folks are going to be getting a treat. About that same time our Ohio Fingerstyle Guitar Club will be hosting our monthly Pickin' Party. Let's see if we can't sync up to where we play See Youz In Ma' Dreams at the same time. lol

CU in July,

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Re: Music Saturday Morning On Court House Lawn

Postby Greg Butler » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Palmer, that would have been fun! Joel, Stephen, and I had a really good time this morning, playing out on the lawn of the old Walton County Court House. This court house was build not too long after the conclusion of the Civil War and has been restored to fine condition. There are giant trees offering perfect shade, too. A little side street was closed off to traffic so that vendors could sell local produce, arts and crafts items, etc. We played three sets---about two hours total, with several of Chet's tunes included. The response was very nice from the folks there. On July 1 @ 5:00 p.m. my sons and I along w/ several musicians from our church will open a patriotic concert on the grounds of the home of a former Georgia governor here in Monroe. One of the military bands will play later in the evening. It should be another fun occasion for live music with plenty of guitar pickin'. I wish that more of our friends from CAAS lived close by so that we could work together on some of these opportunities.
Greg Butler

Return to Announcement and News