Gonna buy a new guitar!!

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Gonna buy a new guitar!!

Postby Mike Forbis » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:39 am

Does anyone know where I can get a list of the vendors to be at the 2012 convention? My wife has consented to moving Christmas morning to July 11th.
Mike Forbis

Re: Gonna buy a new guitar!!

Postby RonBloor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 am

Hi Mike... Haven't conversed in a while.. Hope you are doing well. It sounds like it if your wife is willing to gift you a "Christmas in July" guitar. Anyway, you probably know more about the vendors than I do but from my perspective...
Broadway Sound of Knoxville sells.. Gretsch, Maton and Godin guitars.... others as well, but they seem to be the most popular brands of factory made guitars. Broadway has some very good deals and they are also a big supporter of CAAS. I believe they do the sound systems for the stages...
For hand made guitars there is always Kirk Sand guitars.. Kirk builds great guitars.. Travis guitars are usually there as are Stonebridge guitars. Stonebridge guitars are factory built, but they seem to have more hands on than other manufactured guitars.
Artisan Guitars of Franklin TN is usually on site. They are a Morris Guitar dealer among many other brands. If you get to CAAS early Artisan sponsors a great concert in Franklin on the Tuesday night before CAAS opens.. July 10th this year.
Good hunting.
Oh... there are always used guitars for sale as well. Lots are listed on the board by the front desk as well as well as on display in the entrance-way of the Belmont Room..
Take care..
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Mike Forbis » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:20 am

Yea Ron...it has been a while...thanks for all the info....do you remember a "Redentore" company in the last couple of years? Also, while you are being so darned friendly and helpful, can you give me the number of the Sheridan reservations desk. I have never actually stayed there...been going to a cheaper place, but this year, all the rates seem to be going up because of the "reopening" of the previously flooded mall and other events that are going on.
Have you ever stayed there....and if so, is it possible to get a good night sleep with all the pickers staying there?
Mike Forbis

Postby RonBloor » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:59 am

Sure Mike... the number of the Sheraton Music City Hotel is 615-885-2200.. at least that is what is listed on my reservation. Make sure you mention the CAAS rate.. I found the same thing about the other hotels.. I have been staying at the Alexis, but there rate is getting close to the rate at the Sheraton, so I've also decided on the Sheraton this year. First time at the Sheraton for me, so no opinion about noise etc..
No I don't recall the "Redentore" company. Take care
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby George Babbitt » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:50 pm

FYI I recently traded a $1600 steel strung Takamine for a $600 nylon Cordoba Fusion Jet with Fishman pre amp and built in tuner. It is an outstanding fingerstyle instrument, loud, compact and of high quality sound. Slightly smaller neck and thinner than a classical. Outperforms a $$$$$$ Taylor classical IMHO. Most of all, I can play Atkins and everything else including classical.

George Edgar
George Babbitt

Postby Nils » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:38 am

I've stayed at the Sheraton for the past two years. I've had no noise issues at all, I've found it to be very nice there. One thing I did have a problem with- last year we booked online in March & it's a good thing I printed out my reservation confirmation & took it along, because when we arrived they had no record of us. We ended up being shuttled to a different hotel for one night. They did give us a bunch of free meals & put us up in a very nice suite for the remainder of our stay. I suggest calling & confirming over the phone a week or so before the convention, especially if you book online. The Sheraton is definitely the place to stay. Being able to just pop up to your room & 'recharge your batteries' a few times a day is great.

Nils
Nils

Return to Announcement and News