"The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD is now available!

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

"The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD is now available!

Postby John McClellan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 pm

Fellow Chetboarders,

I am happy to report,"The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD has now finally been released and available for purchase
at: http://www.chetatkinssolosessions.com for $25.00 (88 minutes in duration)

This film contains Jorge's stories of his life (memories of Chet)....great performance footage (of interest to Chet fans, is the Jorge's performance footage filmed at a tribute to Chet at the historic Sheldon Concert Hall). New performances of his original music. Duets with me (a really cool honor!). And lastly, a teaching section where Jorge demonstrates how to perform many of his unique techniques.

I will be shipping the DVDs next week. This a beautiful film....long overdue. Hope you all enjoy it!

The proceeds will benefit Jorge in his retirement in Orlando!

John
John McClellan

Re: "The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD is now available!

Postby BillB » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:56 am

Just ordered it.

Thanks, John!

Bill Bailey
BillB

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Alright! I'll be ordering soon. ;)
Dave

Postby Tom Partridge » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:23 am

John, I recieved my copy last night. Pretty fast delivery since I ordered on Friday. Watched it immediatly. Great video. Jorge played 5 or 6 times in our community as he was friends with a local guitarmaker. I did send you a cassette of a show he had played in Ashtabula years ago. Just curious how you liked it as there were a few rough spots but then again its all that exists of that night. Thanks for a great video. Tom
Tom Partridge

Postby BillB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I agree. I received my DVD yesterday, and I am so impressed with it. My knowledge of Jorge Morel was pretty limited, and the interview portion was really fascinating to me as he talked about how his life, his friendship with Chet, and his music. The music clips are excellent, and there is even a bit of instruction as Jorge explains some of the technique that he uses on specific songs. John McClellan did a great job putting this together, and I especially enjoyed the two songs that he accompanied Jorge on.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Just arrived today. I'll watch with the fam tomorrow night, thanks John! :D
Dave

Return to Announcement and News