Fender Mustang iii

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Fender Mustang iii

Postby Gary Smith » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Anybody have or use a Fender Mustang iii amp, 100 watt etc.

I'd like to know your opinion of the amp, I've been thinking of getting one and want the pros and cons of
all the effects the amps offers.

I'm currently using a Fender Princeton DSP and love it, but its getting old and will die when I need it the most, maybe the Mustang will be a good replacement.

gary
Gary Smith

Re: Fender Mustang iii

Postby Terry Tolley » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:02 am

Gary,

I have a Fender Mustang III. It has a lot of features, but I use the digital delay and the built in tuner the most. I use setting 56 because it sounds very mellow. It has a simple two-button footswitch, and it comes with some software that be installed on a computer to do recording and mixing - so it would be good in a studio. Most amps sound tinny to me when they are used at high volume, and this one is able to get fairly loud before that becomes noticable. I have another Fender amp (a Champion 110 practice amp) that I use only at home these days because it gets tinny pretty quick even at half volume. It is surprisingly light for as much power as it has. I have a 60 watt amp that is easily 10 pounds heavier! I like it. I've never used the Princeton DSP but I do have a Behringer DSP, and the range of adjustment on the features are much more versitile on the Mustang than the Behringer. All settings are customizable. If you ever want to go back to "factory" settings, then there is a program reset to do just that.
Terry Tolley

Postby Gary Smith » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks Terry, thats what I wanted to hear about the mustang iii.
I'm looking for the best deal on the internet, we need to get together some day soon and do some picking together.
you are a lot closer to me than Nashville is.
Gary Smith

Postby Pvee » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:58 pm

The TDPRI Telecaster forum has a thread dedicated to this amp.
A lot of information and opinions have been posted there.

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/amp-owners-c ... -club.html
Pvee

Return to Announcement and News