Live Pickin' Room

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Live Pickin' Room

Postby Pam E » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Hello fellow chetboarders!

Just wanted to give a friendly reminder of the link in the Favorite Links section that helps connect you to a LIVE thumb/fingerstyle/chat pickin' room that is especially for those with a love for the Chet/Merle/Reed music we enjoy hearing picked live in this wonderful room.....there is great fellowship in this place online every night and the pickin is fantastic from several different pickers (I'd list them but don't want to leave anybody out). It gives a lot of joy and inspiration to those of us who come and we don't want you to miss out! So if you're new or forgot about it...come on in or back, whatever the case may be. Hope to see y'all there!

Pam E
Pam E

Re: Live Pickin' Room

Postby RonBloor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I'd just like to second what Pam has said. If you're wondering what we are talking about, the link is on the "Board index" of this forum. That will take you to the sweetsouthernsounds server. If you haven't visited before, you should click on the "first time users" item and install the plugin before you enter the "In Memory of Paul Yandell......" room. I know this sounds a bit complicated but after you navigate your way the first time, it will be easier thereafter. As Pam mentioned, there is lots of good "live" picking and lots of good friends that are interested in Chet style music. Oh.. and bring your guitar (or not). What I mean by that is you can play your guitar though the soundcard in you computer if you so desire. Or.. you can listen and/or chat. Hope to see you there .. every night shortly after 9PM EST... until the cows go home :)
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Craig_Pratt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 am

Is the room Mac friendly yet?
Craig_Pratt

Postby RonBloor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:32 pm

Good question Craig. I will ask to moderators tonight and get back to you tomorrow. However, I know that some folks have said they are using Macs so I can only assume that it will work.. Having said that, it can be fussy, because I have a laptop with Windows 7 start version on it and it will not work... whereas my desktop computer with windows 7 professional version works fine. Take care.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Postby Craig_Pratt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks a lot, Ron! I haven't got to go in there in quite a few years.
Craig_Pratt

Postby Pam E » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey Craig....it would so be a treat to have you back! We have a mac and I can get in the room but it isn't very friendly...just get the basics when there on the mac...tiny boxes for chatting and participant lists...but we'd be able to hear ya pick....over recents weeks there has been a regular dozen or so every night....I get in the room on an old pc....I like the colored and diferent fonts and the emoticons...hope you make it back!

Pam E
Pam E

Return to Announcement and News