old news , but i need to know more please

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

old news , but i need to know more please

Postby Roger Crews » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:49 pm

hey guys i realize this is old news to everyone here but me . but i found by accident to day on youtube the video the making of Chet Atkins cgp book for the countrymusichalloffame and was just wondering how much is the book and whats in it . have looked at the site listed here in , but not sure i got it all figured out . so a little help please . seems like i saw a price of 19.95 for a program or something . is that it ?

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/chetatkins/index.php
Roger Crews

Re: old news , but i need to know more please

Postby Norm » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm

It's worth having, I think. Merle Atkins Russell donated a lot of personal stuff for scanning. It's a little on the formal side but there are some interesting letters. Little bits and pieces that fill in some of the unfamiliar areas of Chet's life.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Roger Crews » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:14 pm

thanx norm .i had planned on getting this regardless , but you didnt mention if i had indeed looked at the book or not . on that website by the way is it a limited edition sort of thing or limited availability
Roger Crews

Postby Roger Crews » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:24 pm

hey norm never mind i went back to site and explored more . yea i had found the right place . but thankyou for at least replying sir
Roger Crews

Postby JohnBinns » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 pm

May be old news but this thread prompted me to try to order the book again. It came today and is well worth the $20. Someone here had remarked that Paul Yandell was not included in the exhibit. The book is supposed to complement the show and at a quick glance I see Paul and Chet together on page 62. Some things are duplicates of the exhibit app for iPad but I am glad to have the book in my hands.
JohnBinns

Return to Announcement and News