"The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

"The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD

Postby John McClellan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:26 pm

Chetboard friends,

Finally after a long delay, it looks as though Chet's old friend, Jorge Morel's DVD, "The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel," should be available for purchase by the end of March or early April. I directed and produced the DVD about 6 years ago (my business partner, Jim Wade and I now own the product) and it is awesome, great stories about Chet and live footage from Jorge's appearance at the the St. Louis Tribute to Chet in 2001. It will be available via the website, http://www.chetatkinssolosession.com once I have product in hand.

Jorge is doing well, spoke to him the other day...He is moving to Orlando in April, and told me to pass on his desire to teach anyone in the Orlando area private guitar lesson in his new digs. He is happily living in the same apartment building as his daughter as his ability to walk in now impeded and wants to be close to her....

Please order the new DVD series, "Chet Atkins in Three Dimensions - The Music," as I have inventory that is pleading to be sent out! I will scream when Jorge's DVD is ready to go.

To quote the Man, "If I don't see you in the future, I'll see you in the pasture."

John
John McClellan

Re: "The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" DVD

Postby Tom Partridge » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:09 am

John, I hope this is a go this time. I tried to purchase the first time you announced this and found myself in a real mess. Not sure I ever got my money back. I just sorta gave up. Hope for better results this time. Tom
Tom Partridge

Postby John McClellan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:48 am

Tom,

I am sorry you had problems...I only foretold what was suppose to be a formal release from a third party producer one year ago. I had nothing to do with any commerce etc...in fact, I was surprise to hear it was released for pre-sale and immediately pull. That being said, since I now have complete control of the project, I will personally make sure you receive the first copy. Please e-mail me your mailing address.

John
John McClellan

Postby Tom Partridge » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:05 pm

John, That is appreciated but I will order like everyone else when it is ready. Not looking for anything special but your willingness is noted. I was just making you aware of previous problems. Thanks Tom
Tom Partridge

Postby Dave » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi John, that's great news!

You made a little typo with the web link though... hehe

http://www.chetatkinssolosessions.com
Dave

Postby John McClellan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:18 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY_nId-Y ... ata_player

"The Warm Guitar of Jorge Morel" Promo
John McClellan