Steve Ledford's Mother

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Steve Ledford's Mother

Postby craigdobbins » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Chetboard friends-

Just got this email from Darrell Toney:

I just got a call from Steve Ledford. His Mom fell and hit her head a few days ago and yesterday she was taken to the hospital with a brain hemorrhage. Steve said the Doctor has given them no hope and she's on life support until the family decides to take her off of it. What a tragedy! You might let the guys on the Chetboard know so they can be praying for their family.

Many of you know Steve from CAAS and GFGA. He ran the Funky Junk website for many years, and many of us probably owe part of our Chet collections (and more) to him. As Darrell said, please keep Steve and his family in your thoughts and prayers at this time.

Thanks,

Craig
craigdobbins

Re: Steve Ledford's Mother

Postby Tompicks » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 pm

I missed Darrell's call today but of course will be thinking about Steve and his family, they are great fans of Chet and really nice folks who are a big part of CAAS. I miss Steve's website "Funkyjunk" - that was a great resource for DVDs and CDs and hard to find Chet items.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby craigdobbins » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:07 am

Just heard from Steve. His mom passed away last night.

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby Greg Butler » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:57 pm

We are so sorry to hear of Mrs. Ledford's passing. She was a regular attender of the CAAS conventions and we always enjoyed talking with her.
Greg Butler

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Anybody have Steve's address?

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Return to Announcement and News