Hello! Newbie Here

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Hello! Newbie Here

Postby captainvideo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Bill I'm out in Chicago and I'm 29 years old. I got into Chet in kind of a unique way. My grandfather was stationed in Texas in the late 40s where he first heard "country music" and passed that on to his son, who as also a child of the 60s and a Beatles fan couldn't miss Gretsch guitars and have some sort of influence from Chet. I have a very large collection of Chet records and CDs, some of which were passed down from my Grandfather. I've played guitar since a young age and loved listening to my dad play Chet stuff, but I never really got too into playing Chet style myself. I mostly played Rockabilly and Surf music.

My dad died 10 years ago and for a majority of that time listening to some Chet has been difficult process. Although in someways an incredible healer.

I'm finishing up gradschool this year and all my old bandmates have moved on so I figure now is the perfect time for me to work on some more difficult Chet stuff.

If you see me around the main forums more you'll at least know a little more about me.
captainvideo

Re: Hello! Newbie Here

Postby RonBloor » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 pm

Welcome Captainvideo. If you want a real dose of Chet music, you should come to the Chet Atkins Appreciation Society (CAAS) in July. Non-stop music in the style of Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed, Merle Travis and more. Take care.
Ron Bloor
RonBloor

Re: Hello! Newbie Here

Postby alexjones » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Welcome to the Board! I don't post a ton but have always lurked and watched for years. It's nice seeing people introducing themselves here. Also it's nice to see people my age (25) who appreciate and dedicate time to learning Chet's amazing style. I just wish mainstream music wasn't such garbage. It would be nice to see more people playing Chet's style at music stores and such. But I guess that is just reality. Anyways - welcome to the board! There is a plethora of information available.
Alex
alexjones

Return to Announcement and News