Message from Paul Yandell family

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Message from Paul Yandell family

Postby Forrest » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Speaking for the Yandell family I want to express our deepest gratitude to all of Paul’s friends who supported and gave him encouragement during his illness.
I also want to thank everyone for all the cards, flowers, phone calls, emails and those who came to Hendersonville and Kentucky to pay their respects to Paul.
Your support and kindness meant so much and helped us through this difficult time. May God bestow His blessings on each and every one of you. Thank you.
Forrest
Forrest

Re: Message from Paul Yandell family

Postby Tompicks » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Paul was an inspiration to so many folks as well a great example of a true professional. The ceremony in Hendersonville was moving and a great tribute to celebrate his life.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby craigdobbins » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 pm

It was good to meet you, Forrest. You and the family will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure missing Paul.

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:13 am

Forrest, I used to chat with you some in the TFGA picking room. You have lost a brother and I have lost a very true and loyal friend. My heart is broken, as are so many others. My thoughts and prayers to you and the rest of the family.

Sincerely,
Richard Hudson

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi Forest........I also remember talking to you in the Texas picking room like Richard. Paul was a good good man and an even better friend and I am missing him too. Take care and I remember the pics that you sent me of your home in (Thailand?) not sure that's correct due to my faulty memory. Take care buddy!
Roger Pratt

My Admiration and Condolences for Paul Yandell

Postby RoosterUltra » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:57 am

I am a long time fan of Paul Yandell and so admire his twenty-five year career with Chet Atkins. I was so fortunate to see Chet & Paul in person at the Brookhaven College in Dallas a few years back. What I find so interesting is Paul Yandell's gracious interview about working with Chet Atkins, found at http://www.misterguitar.us/cbimg/PaulFAQ.html. The more that one reads the written word from someone, the more they get a glimpse into their personal life -- to a small degree. Looking from the outside, not pretending to know Paul at all, my perceived make-up of Paul's personality seems to be a combination of a thoughful gentleman, with a great guitar player added on. I have to believe that as great as Chet Atkin's talent and dedication to the instrument was, another component was needed to provide a total entertainment package. That component was Paul Yandell. Not only did Paul provide that very difficult to accomplish "background" to Chet's playing, but Chet, recognized Paul's talent and would showcase Paul's talent, front and center, during many of the performances I was fortunate to see.
What impressed me so much about the http://www.misterguitar.us/cbimg/PaulFAQ.html FAQ, was the thoughtful way that Paul gave the listener a glimpse of the life of a professional guitar player, the insignificant details that are truly significant and are mostly left out of most the superficial interviews I read. For example, the differences between playing then versus now (sound checks and the like), the mundane details of travel -- including to the minute travel, arrival, performance, and return home. Performers of the 60's and 70's had the benefit of an appreciation for a music that has all but disappeared from our current society.
The appreciation for beautiful guitar music, with melody, clarity, and feeling -- tugs at our heart strings and is being kept alive by a few young people -- on "You Tube". I am delighted everytime that I come across a young keeper of the flame.
After reading the http://www.misterguitar.us/cbimg/PaulFAQ.html, I was going to send Paul a note, only to find of his passing this November.

My heartfelt condolences for a man that truly made a difference in this world.
RoosterUltra

Return to Announcement and News