Paul Yandell Memorial Bench at Merle Travis Music Center

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Paul Yandell Memorial Bench at Merle Travis Music Center

Postby Joe Hudson » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:26 am

As Eddie Pennington also posted, I wanted to make sure we passed this along:
The National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame would like to announce that we will be accepting donations to place a Paul Yandell Memorial Bench outside the Merle Travis Center. Anyone wishing to give please feel free to send donations to: National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame c/o Joe Hudson - 220 Esor Circle - Greenville, KY 42345 (make checks payable to NTPHF)- contact joehudson01@comcast.net if you need any further information. We will also happily accept paypal payments as well to the email address listed here, or contact me and I will send you a request for funds via paypal. Thank you all again on behalf of Eddie Pennington, Paul Moseley, Freddie Russell, Joe Hudson, and the entire National Thumbpickers Hall of Fame organization. Paul was a wonderful person, a dear friend, and an inspiration; he will truly be missed.

Joe Hudson
Executive Director
National Thumbpickes Hall of Fame
Joe Hudson

Re: Paul Yandell Memorial Bench at Merle Travis Music Center

Postby EddieP » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:42 am

I just wanted to remind anyone that wanted to contribute to the memorial bench for Paul Yandell that Joe will be winding up the order around the end of the year, and you need to send in soon. Make your check to:
NTPHF / Yandell Memorial Bench

Send to:
NTPHF / Joe Hudson
220 Esor Circle
Greenville, KY 42345

I talked with Micah last night, and the family is doing good, but they do miss Paul as we all do. They do appreciate us doing this bench. Thanks. Eddie P.
EddieP

Postby Norm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm curious as to what the bench would look like. And it may be rude to ask but how much will the project cost?
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby Norm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:27 pm

And on a similar tack... I noticed the 'Musician's Hall Of Fame' has a new home. I don't know if they plan to have a display niche for Paul but I think that would be a worth while thing to look into.
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

That should do it.
Norm

Postby EddieP » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:40 pm

It will be like the one there for Pat Travis Eatherly. It's an 8' cast bronze bench with a bronze plaque about who it's for. We are getting one regardless of what it costs, and this is a chance for folks that wanted to do something, but didn't want to do flowers to place something that will be there. Paul told everybody that liked to play better at the Merle Travis Music Center better than anywhere he ever played. He was real proud of it. EP
EddieP

Postby Norm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 pm

That's what I wanted to know. A "bench" can be many things and not all of us have had the opportunity to go to KY to the center and see Pat's.

That should do it.
Norm

Return to Announcement and News