Paul Yandell Update

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Paul Yandell Update

Postby EddieP » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:56 am

I visited with Paul Yandell and his family Friday evening at his home. Marie had me to pick for him awhile on his CGP, and I thought what a wonderful gift he has given to the Chet players of the world with these great guitars he helped get on the market. As many of you know Paul has many serious health issues that are bearing down hard on him at present time. His spirits are good, and he is very interested in all the news that is going on in our guitar world. He asked about many of you, and sends his love to all of you, and encourages you to keep working on your picking. He and his family appeciate and enourage you to remember him in your prayers, and thoughts. Paul has great faith in our Father in Heaven, and knows that all the prayers help him. He is not at his computer now, and does not often feel like taking visits or calls, but enjoys having Chetboard posts and emails read to him.
Paul has been like a big brother to me for many years in helping me not only with picking matters, but with many things that I was so green about in travel and other things that a player needed to know. I wish I had been a better picker and learned more things that he showed me on the guitar, but I am more thankful that I have paid attention to the type of man Paul is, and I desire to always remember those things and apply them in my dealing with my fellow man. Paul is one of the most honest people I have ever met. People that slap you on the back and tell you how great you are or how good you did are not always helping you. Paul will tell you what you need to know to help you improve yourself. His genuine concern to help others by offering his help in a honest voice to me is one of his greatest qualities. His humble manner and never seeking to be in the spotlight, but always framing around what Chet did to make Chet better is a true act of greatness. Paul is so great at making guitars play and sound better. When he sets a guitar up they just an't play better. I have learned so many things from Paul from his posts on Chetboard and we all should be grateful for all the time he put into sharing all these things, that well will be able to refer too.
I am so grateful that I was able to live in this world when players like Chet Atkins, Merle Travis, Jerry Reed, Odell Martin, played and shared, and I am so thankful that I have been able to brag and truly say that Paul Yandell is one of my best friends I've ever had, and one of the best examples I've had to follow. Paul my prayers are for you to feel better soon, and be picking and having fun with your friends. May our Father in Heaven bless you and your family during these trials of sickness, and pain and may you all feel the wonderfulness of his spirit during these times. We love and appreciate you so much. Eddie Pennington
EddieP

Re: Paul Yandell Update

Postby guitarchuck » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the update Eddie. Very well said.
guitarchuck

Postby craigdobbins » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks Eddie. To borrow a phrase from Lenny B, "There's only one Paul!" I second everything you said- when Paul speaks, you better listen!

Craig
craigdobbins

Postby keener » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Amen Eddie.
Really glad you spent some time with Paul ... I am sure he enjoyed it very much.

Bruce
keener

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks Eddie for the update on Paul. I have only known Paul for the past 9 years but he was always so very kind to me and willing to help me in any way he could. I wish I could have known him as well as Eddie or Gayle Moseley did but am thankful for the times that we did visit and talk. Paul please know that you are in every prayer that I send up and will continue to be until you get better.
Roger Pratt

Postby B. Spann » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Hey Paul, Great to learn that you are now at home. I think of you often and remember fondly the special times that we shared together along with Chet and others. I'm sure you most remember the lunch on the river with the pigeons in San Antonio, with the Martins and Darlene and me. I remember later that evening after your convert, Chet remarked about that episode. You are blessed to have Marie to look after you now. Rest assured all the guitar world, of which you are a major part, are storming the portals of heaven on your behalf and admonishing our loving Father to give you peace and a large degree of comfort. Thanks for all you mean to the ChetBoard Family.
Bill Spann
B. Spann

Postby Richard Hudson » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Paul's battle is one in which I would give almost anything if I could fight it for him. His advice and tutoring in my guitar playing over the years has helped to make me a far better guitar player than I would have been otherwise. I look to Paul like my big brother. His incredible guitar playing skills have always been purposely subdued by him because he always felt like his job was to make others look and sound good, and he has done that better than anyone could. I think Chet knew there was only one Paul, like Craig said, and I have been fortunate beyond my dreams to know that Paul is my friend.

That was a well written, heartfelt report that Eddie gave us. I was in Nashville recently and I wanted so badly to go by and see Paul, but there were others in town at the same time and I knew that he was having a lot of company, so out of respect for him and his family I didn't go by, but my thoughts and well wishes were certainly there.

Like others, I pray everyday for Paul. Marie and Micah are also in my prayers. So to Paul, Marie and Micah I want to say that I am sending my prayers and best wishes for Paul to gain strength and get better. The Yandells are good folks.
Richard Hudson

Postby gmoseley » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:56 pm

I have to respond to this post and agree 100% with what's been said. As my dear buddy Eddie Pennington knows, Paul and I have been like brothers for about 33/34 years,,,in fact Eddie and I met Paul at the same time in the late 70's. He has been one of the closest and dearest friends I ever had and has helped me in so many ways, I can't count them all.....not to speak of showing me a lot more guitar licks than I'll ever be able to play! lol
Paul has sat at my house and played for hours on end, playing all those great Chet and Jerry tunes and stopping to show me the finer points along the way (if only I had enough sense and ability to remember and execute them). We've had so much fun together over the years. O'Dell used to tell me, "Gayle, you listen to Paul now, he plays everything the "right way" and he will really help you develop your playing skills and ability". Boy, was he ever right about that!
I don't feel like I had scratched the surface of decent playing until I met Paul Yandell,,,,its easy for me to see why Chet
liked Paul so much - - he is an inspiration to hang around with - - I feel the same way about Paul as Paul did Chet !

So here's to 'ya,,,Paul ole buddy, I think about you and pray for you everyday, and also for Marie and Micah and Sheri.
If there ever was a determined individual it is YOU and I know you can overcome most anything and do most anything you set your mind to. We are all asking our Heavenly Father for a special blessing in your behalf.
God Bless You Paul !

I love you very much,,,,, now get plenty of rest and plenty of Marie and Sheri's good cooking!
Your lomg-time ole buddy,
Gayle Moseley
gmoseley

Postby Norm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm usually pretty good with words but Eddie did a fine job of it.

I usually avoid "me too" chains like this....Eddie's original post was well timed and thorough... a lot of folks were wondering and not much information has been forthcoming.

Paul, ol' hoss... you hang in there!

Paul, Marie, Micah... you'll understand when I say...

'Gentle on my mind..."
...that's how it looks to me...The opinion expressed above is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of this station. Your mileage may vary...

Audio samples: http://www.youtube.com/user/acountrygent/videos
That should do it.
Norm

Postby albertgen » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:04 pm

Thankyou Eddie, hang in there Paul. I'll be a praying for you. Al
albertgen

Next

Return to Announcement and News