Paul Yandell Update

Welcome to the new Chetboard!

Re: Paul Yandell Update

Postby David Elliott » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:09 pm

The very best wishes for Paul, and the Yandell family from out here in Southern California.
Paul has helped me on many occasions with questions I've asked him about guitars and related equipment, and music in general, and when I followed his advice, he was never wrong!

Sincerely,
David Elliott and family
David Elliott

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:48 pm

I have to say that having Paul as a friend has been one of the great honors and surprises in my life.
I used to watch him play on TV with Chet and think "man that guy has to be great for Chet to have him there"
I was right. He is a great player AND a great friend.
He arranged for Phil and I to play at the tribute to Jerry the CAAS had a few years back at the convention.
He also gave me and Phil two special presents.

Marie and Micah have made Phil and I feel like family. They are both great people!

It was like Paul just became friends to Phil and I.
He is one in a million and I will always be honored to be considered his friend.
Paul I pray for you every day and God does have his hand on you.

Your friend,
Eddie Estes
Eddie Estes

Postby BillB » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:29 am

Hey Paul,
I agree with everyone that has posted, and I personally appreciate you for being a friend to me. It is an honor and privilege to know you and Marie, and I thank you for all your help and advice throughout the last several years. You're still at the top of my prayer list, and I'm praying for the rest of the Yandells as well.

God bless,
Bill Bailey
BillB

Postby smokymtguitar09 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:46 am

Eddie P,
You, and some of the others who have posted, know Paul on a deeply personal level. Some of us, like me, want to thank Paul for unselfishly sharing his guitar tips, stories, etc. He always took our phone calls, answered our emails, and took out time to talk after concerts no matter what.

Thanks Paul Yandell for the recordings with the Louvin Brothers -Jerry Reed -Chet Atkins, and countless studio sessions you played on in your many years in the music business.
Ronnie Evans
smokymtguitar09

Postby LMark » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi Paul! You have been on my mind lately, and I very much appreciated Eddie's well-spoken update. I don't know that anyone else could have said it better. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers. Sincerely and with best wishes, LMark
LMark

Postby Boyce Steadman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:15 pm

I just wanted to tell Paul how much he has meant to me over these years. Paul, you were the person I dreamed of being sitting next to Chet. I was so happy you two got together and as the years passed and your music blended with Chet's and as you were there for him, I so deeply appreciated you being the right person to come along for him and the fans. In the years since Chet passed away you helped us get even more deeply into Chet's legacy and yours. I cherish my NC and CGP you helped develop as you knew how much they would mean to us.

Please know we are thinking about you every day here and we care about you and wish you love and peace and to know you made this world a better place.

-Boyce
Boyce Steadman

Postby Fred » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 pm

My thoughts and prayers are with you Paul for a full recovery.
Fred Friedland
Fred

Previous

Return to Announcement and News