Hiroshi Masuda - Will You Dance?

Postby George Beasley » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Hiroshi Masuda (PeaceJoyTown) playing "Will You Dance?" at CAAS 2014.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfzBJ4T ... qwNu3QFY0g
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Re: Hiroshi Masuda - Will You Dance?

Postby Pickin Palmer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 am

Thanks so much for posting this, George. Every year we get a "sleeper" talent that slips through the Room at CAAS. Hiroshi was it this year. All on his own - travelling around the States - staying with folks he met "on line" buying his CDs.

Funny thing was how he could scare half the previous audience out of the Room in a heartbeat with his mellow approach to playing which was definately different that the previous Chet picker. HOWEVER, those of us that remained simply fell in love with his playing and meeeeellow demeanor. I wish I could wake up just ONE morning feeling that relaxed and calm!!!

Palmer
Pickin Palmer

Postby George Beasley » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Palmer,

First of all, thanks for being the host in that room year after year. I always stick my head in there, and always like what I hear. A lot of times, there is so much going on at the CAAS convention, I am drawn away in fear of missing others. It was not the case when I saw Hiroshi play.

I was surprised that not more people were there listening, but then again, I was aware of him through YouTube for years, and have supported him through buying all of his CD's, so I stayed when I walked in on him by accident the first night, and made sure to show up and video him the next night!

To me, he plays (like Norman Rockwell painted) idealized, but accurate, interpretations of musical pieces. I put him in the same camp as John Knowles....both are master craftsmen on the guitar, and both can make a piece of music breathe the same breath that the composer had when he created the original piece.

I really hope Dr. Prichard sees my videos, and finds the PeaceJoyTown videos on YouTube, and gives him his own 30 min spot on Fri or Sat morning on one of the two big stages.
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby Pam E » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Indeed, Hiroshi played everything so perfectly and beautifully...heard him twice in the Room.... Had not noticed him before but I will not forget who he is....came home and found his yt vids to enjoy and thanks, George, for recording him in the place we heard him live and in person...there was just a handful of us in there but what sweet sessions...he played song after song and has such a quiet presentation but I did, too, fall in love with his playing. Wow!! Such a delight to hear him. Thanks, guys for asking him to play and for these wonderful recordings! I am a huge fan now!

Pam E
Pam E

Postby rileyhicks » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:54 am

Enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing the video, this man is awesome!

Riley
Essays Chief
rileyhicks

Return to CAAS 2014 photos