Chet Atkins Studio CE on eBay

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri May 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I saw this listing on eBay. You don't see these up for sale very often. Chet and Paul and all the great players sure got a great sound out of these.
Ray

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-Chet-At ... SwuHJa8gn8
Ray Bohlken

Re: Chet Atkins Studio CE on eBay

Postby DagerRande » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 pm

Ray, I suspect that bid is going way up before it's through!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Ray Bohlken » Fri May 11, 2018 11:04 pm

Rande, it's already up several hundred dollars and I think the sky is the limit. It sure is a nice guitar. I am gong to pass on the bidding as much as i would like to own it. Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby Roger Pratt » Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 pm

He says that the guitar shows wear and he tried to show it in the pics but you can't see it. I have a 1997 that has absolutely no wear on it, just a small amount of finish checking. I may have it for sale at CAAS. I haven't decided yet. Somebody make me an offer I can't refuse.
Roger Pratt

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 am

The only difference between men and boys - is the price of our toys!
Pickin Palmer

Postby sterlind » Sun May 13, 2018 4:05 pm

While this does appear to be a very nice Studio CEC, if anyone is considering actually bidding on this guitar, you might want to check the sellers long term feedback, not just his short term 100% feedback over the past few months.
sterlind

Postby Tom Keller » Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm

The seller has sold some nice instruments over the past year.

Tom Keller
Tom Keller

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sat May 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Palmer, the guitar sold for $2900...that's kind of a nice "toy" :)
Ray Bohlken

Postby Pickin Palmer » Sun May 20, 2018 10:11 am

I love that cartoon, Ray, that shows a wife coming home to a front room full of roses. Not being fooled she says, "Oh, no - he's bought another guitar!" :D

You know every now and then we get to talking about the "price of our toys" on this ChetBoard - I "sometimes" RE-tell the story of when I first started begging our CAAS "stars" to come up to Columbus to draw enough folks to help me pay for the facility I was hosting my Pickin' Parties in. To do that I had been borrowing a sound system from either my church or a local bluegrass rhythm player friend of mine, Troy Herdman, and I got tired of begging and dragging that stuff over each time - so, I went to Sam Ash to buy an "inexpensive" PA. Came home with $1,200 worth of Peeve components - and, "what the hey" I had my wallet open why not some stanchions, a couple Shure mics, and cables. When I got home I parked right behind that "last" wife of mine's car - and, didn't she have to "go to the store." Sooo, like the idiot I keep telling youz guys I am - I told her to use my car.

"What's all this stuff in the back seat?" she queried. "Oh, that the equipment I borrowed from Troy for tomorrow's Pickin' Party." She only got the car backed out into the street when she held the RECEIPT I had so "astutely" stuffed in the console out the window and screamed, "YOU BORROWED IT - HUH!!!!!!!" I'm not quite Shure why that woman divorced me!!!! :lol:
Pickin Palmer

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun May 20, 2018 9:36 pm

Great cartoon, Palmer. I got a chuckle out of it and I can certainly relate to it, too. I sure admire your dedication to your club. They are lucky to have you working for them and setting up all those great performances. Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Next

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE