Wtd. Chet Atkins CE or CEC in Nashville, Tn.

Postby Ihate100bees » Sun May 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Prefer something local in Nashville, but open to outside locations. Looking for a model CE or CEC in great condition, great frets, no modifications and absolutely NO issues. Prefer the Natural finish over the Black or Sunburst. Must be willing to supply detailed photos. Paying $1250.00 for the right one.
Thanks.
Ihate100bees

Re: Wtd. Chet Atkins CE or CEC in Nashville, Tn.

Postby Roger Pratt » Sun May 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Good luck getting one for $1250! Have you done any research at all on ebay? A nice one will bring way more than that.
Roger Pratt

Postby Ihate100bees » Sun May 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Roger Pratt wrote:Have you done any research at all on ebay? A nice one will bring way more than that.

Not too much in Nashville, they don't. $1250 is what the've sold for, for years. Check the post in the same category as this posting, but just 2 listings down regarding another CE. Check ebay "sold" listings, although there are some that sold at higher values, there are also some that sold at lower values... and be reminded that there's a loss of 10% between eBay and PayPal commissions. Many just keep re-listing over and over and then slowly drop. Great guitars... but I don't think there's a whole lot of people really looking for them. There is one on reverb.com right now for about 1350. It's been modded, but it is a favorable midi mod. Also check Gruhns vintage guitars (...most popular vintage guitar shop in America), Carter Vintage also in Nashville... $1250 is what they sell for all the time at Gruhns. Just sayin' my friend. Yes, Ive checked.
Ihate100bees

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon May 08, 2017 2:12 pm

Looks like you have done your research! Good luck!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Ihate100bees » Tue May 09, 2017 3:05 am

Well, I think they are great instruments, but I don't think the demand is very high, probably because they are more electric than acoustic. Once one of the salesman at Gruhns vintage guitars told me it was the guitars that people play on TV that go up and are in demand. Crazy Market. Anyways this is my budget so I'm hoping that I will find one in this price range.
Ihate100bees

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE