For Sale 3 Special Boxes

For Sale 3 Special Boxes

Postby Speedy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:30 am

Hi ChetBoard,
My Daddy's been a member here a long time. His fingers no longer move fast enough to justify keeping the guitars he spent a lifetime loving and playing. 1. The first one bought almost new in the early sixties is a Green Gretsch Country Club. Best I can determine to be a 59 or 60. It's Cadillac green and as close to mint as you will ever see. #2 The second guit is (Guess...) late 70's Gibson Country Gentleman. As new in red/maroon color. I bet this guitar doesn't have 20 hours on it. Really beautiful. The third ultra clean and ultra cool guitar is (Guessing again here...) around 1978-ish, Gretsch Super Chet.

If you have any interest in these guitars, I'm taking fair offers but will never give these away. These are all great guitars in super condition, Daddy Knows everyone and anyone who had anything to do with CAAS since the first one. He does want to stay anonymous.

You can contact me directly and I'll try to answer any questions. I'll have to post a pic of the SuperChet Later. I can't find the ones I took...

GibsonCGentleman.jpg
Gibson Country Gent
GretschGreen2.jpg
Gretsch Country Club
Speedy

Re: For Sale 3 Special Boxes

Postby Speedy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:40 pm

The original tailpiece was in the case wrapped up in a rag. I put it back on... It's perfect like new from 1959...
1960CountryClub.jpg
Speedy

Postby Roger Pratt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Hey Speedy.....Very nice guitars for sure BUT they didn't start making the Gibson CG until the 80's so it cannot be a late 70's like you say. Judging from the white fret markers it would have to be newer than 1993 or 1994 (not sure of the exact year) because before then the markers were red. The 1st and 5th numbers give you the year it was made. NICE guitars buddy!!
Roger Pratt

Postby Speedy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi Roger,
Thanks for the info. Next time I talk to Daddy I'll get the SN off it. Dave
Speedy

Postby Speedy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Here's the SuperChet. Interesting side note. The original tailpiece was given to Chet.

PS. The knobs were just checked. They work. He said when he got the guitar he turned them all the way up and hasn't moved them since...
Attachments
SuperChet.JPG
Speedy

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE