2008 Gretsch 6120-CGP Stereo Guitar FOR SALE

Postby alexjones » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:14 pm

Hey Fella's,
Just wanted to let you know that I am selling my Gretsch CGP guitar. It's in excellent condition. I have made several mods to this guitar - don't know how it could get much better. First - the Sta-Tuned device keeps this guitar in tune for months. I very rarely touch the tuning. They are expensive little units but are well worth it! I also put a brass Tru-Arc bridge on. It Increased the sustain of the guitar a bit over the plated bridge. I will include the original bridge as well. I also added a tone control by using a stacked pot (master volume and tone). We used a Paper-In-Oil Angela cap about a $25 capacitor in itself. The tone is on the top knob and volume is on the ring below. If you have any other questions, let me know. There is a lot more information in the Reverb.com listing. If you didn't want to buy through Reverb.com, I could lower the price a little since I wouldn't have to pay Reverb.com for the transaction.

https://reverb.com/item/1095186-gretsch ... -with-mods

Thanks guys!
Alex
alexjones

Re: 2008 Gretsch 6120-CGP Stereo Guitar FOR SALE

Postby guitarchuck » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:18 am

I see you must be serious about this downsizing!
guitarchuck

Postby alexjones » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:41 am

Chuck,
Haha... Yes I guess I am. I even sold my mahogany cabinet Standel 25L15. But I will still have the 25L15 I built in the tiny house. I really tried hard to pair down my guitars but I will still have 5 in the tiny house - pure madness I know... I will have my 59 CG, Del Vecchio, Harmony w/prismatone, Guild D55 and a telecaster. I really love the CGP but I just gravitate to the 59 a lot more - so I figured I could let go of the CGP. Not any nibbles yet - so I might be having 6 in my stables! Take care!
Alex
alexjones

Postby Steve Sanders » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Hey Alex! That is a fine looking guitar! Sounds great!! I do have one question tho......The guitar in your photos there on Reverb.com depict a RIGHT HANDED GUITAR and the guitar on the video is a LEFT HANDED GUITAR!!! What's the deal??? I turned my computer around backwards, looked at it thru a mirror, and even stood on my head and it still looks left handed to me. What am I missing or imagining here??? Thanks, Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby alexjones » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:30 pm

Steve,
I know - it's deceiving. It is a RIGHT handed guitar. If I remember correctly, I recorded the video from my apple computer using photobooth. I think the computer program does this automatically - annoying, I know. I think the rationale is the most of the time when people use it to take pictures, they are used to seeing themselves in a mirror. I'm sure there is a setting to change it to normal, but I honestly wasn't intending to even post that on youtube! But I thought any interested buyers would like to see it. Thanks!
Alex
alexjones

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE