G6122-1959 HALL OF FAME For Sale

Postby Randy Finney » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:33 am

I am selling a Gretsch G6122-1959 Chet Atkins HALL OF FAME guitar.

It has never been played and has been in the case since I bought it in February of 2012. I bought it from one of the most reputable dealers on the planet, The Twelfth Fret in Toronto. (I have a 6120 1959LTV which I way prefer. Hmmm? This is not much of sales pitch for the 6122 I want to sell, is it?) Oh well, everybody has their own preference.

I paid $2,750.00 for it. I can't seem to locate my original receipt but, I am sure I can get a copy from the store should you require it. Here is a link to the store's page: http://www.12fret.com/content/2012/02/12/gretsch-g6122-1959-chet-atkins-hall-of-fame-country-gentleman/

Despite some claims on the internet about how rare these guitars are, they are still available from reputable dealers at their original price. I think the Twelfth Fret still has one. They had ordered three and let me have my pick of the litter, so to speak. I picked the one that I thought had the nicest grain pattern. The guitar never spent anytime hanging in the store.

At any rate, I just want what I paid for it - $2,750.00. Of course, this was in Canadian Dollars so, it is a bit of a savings for you in the U.S. since this is only about $2,500.00 USD and I think they sell in the U.S for about $2,650.00 USD.

You can make me an offer if you want but, it is unlikely I will sell it for less than I paid since it has never been played.

Also, I have not had the misspelled name plate replaced. My understanding is that you can readily get a properly spelled replacement from Gretsch.

I can bring it to CAAS with me. If you need it shipped, I will check into how much this would cost you. You might be better off buying one from a U.S. dealer rather than paying for having it shipped from Canada.

Randy Finney
randyfinney@FingerStyleGuitar.ca
416-722-6524

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg
Randy Finney

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE