Heritage Super Eagle F/S $2,500

Postby Larry Lenhart » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:54 pm

I have a 1992 Heritage Super Eagle that is in EC with a HSC. If you ever wanted a Gibson Super 400, but balked because of the price, the Heritage is the second best, and some say, THE best, alternative. I made this into my "Travis" guitar by adding the vibrato arm, but I still have the original tailpiece if anyone would want to put it back to its original "jazz" style guitar. This guitar has a great tone, plays easy, and is very nice looking. I do not believe the case is orginal as it does not say Heritage on the outside of it. The original output jack on this guitar was at the end on the tailpiece. When I had the Bigsby put on it, I had it moved to the conventional place as shown in one picture. The opening around the jack split a bit but was professionally repaired and has never grown any. Other than that the guitar is in EC.
You dont see many of these guitars listed for sale...it is Heritages flagship guitar. Eddie Pennington has one and loves it. Feel free to email me with any questions or for more pictures I should mention that I had one of the "f" holes backed with some foam material to cut down on feedback. that could easily be removed also
Attachments
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0922.JPG
IMG_0921.JPG
Last edited by Larry Lenhart on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:30 am, edited 6 times in total.
Larry Lenhart

Re: Heritage Super Eagle For Sale or Trade

Postby George Beasley » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Beautiful guitar. I have owned a Golden Eagle for 11 years. It is set up like a Johnny Smith. It is the best acoustic archtop I have ever played. Absolutely as good as any equivalent Gibson. I am sure your Super Eagle is as good as any Super 400 you can find....though I do understand folks desiring the Gibson decorations.

Good luck on the sale...it is worth it to a player!
Thanks,
George
George Beasley

Postby Larry Lenhart » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks George for your support on the guitar. I read some reviews on the internet about Heritage guitars and they are all very positive...almost makes me think I shouldnt sell it ! I probably am crazy for putting it up for sale...they dont come up used very often it seems. But I tend to use my Gretsch HOF most of the time when I play.
Larry Lenhart

Postby EddieP » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 pm

I doubt if there are alot of those guitars in the world, and since all the guys at Heritage are getting older I'd say they will get to be pretty rare collectors. But, first they are one of the best playing guitars I've ever played. I play mine more than I do my 400's.
EddieP

Re: Heritage Super Eagle For Sale or Trade-close please

Postby Larry Lenhart » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:23 pm

After giving it some more thought, I have reopened this sale again. I really want to raise funds for a high end d10 pedal steel guitar. Thanks Eddie for your input to my post.
Larry Lenhart

Re: Heritage Super Eagle for sale 3200

Postby Larry Lenhart » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:35 am

Trying to bump this for a little more attention. Its a great guitar !
Larry Lenhart

Postby Roger Pratt » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Larry.....I tried to PM you but I am too dumb to do it so please email me rpratt01@roadrunner.com

Thanks
Roger Pratt

Postby Larry Lenhart » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:13 pm

Nope, Roger, you are not too dumb ! I sent you an email...I have problems with that sort of thingy all the time ! Can be frustrating.
Larry Lenhart

Postby Larry Lenhart » Sat May 03, 2014 8:54 pm

If someone on the chetboard tried to contact me via email whose email address contains klein, I could not respond to you as it said your email address was invalid.
Larry Lenhart

Postby Larry Lenhart » Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 pm

I sent pictures and a verbal description of the guitar and $50 to Gruhn guitars for their appraisal. They appraised the guitar at $3850, so my asking price is well below the current market value.
Larry Lenhart

Next

Return to FOR SALE or TRADE