I still write your name in the snow

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

I still write your name in the snow

Postby rhirvine » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:02 pm

I don't do nearly as much pickin' these days as singing but my singing isn't all that bad (not as bad as it sounds) :D . The last time I visited one of my daughters who has two sons, I entertained them with an old comedy country song called "They call me country" performed by Sanford Clark and written by Lee Hazelwood. It got some airtime out west here in socal so I remembered it. My relatives really got a kick out of it. The next time I visit especially if it's during the Christmas season I think I'll do a cover of Chet Atkins' "I still write your name in the snow". I believe I can pull it off. I think it's in the key of "G" and as it turns out, I can sing it in that key. Goofy gold or as it is in my case goofy gold covers. Wish me luck.
rhirvine

Re: I still write your name in the snow

Postby Admin » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:41 am

Good luck friend, don't get your guitar wet.
Admin
Site Admin

Postby DagerRande » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:49 pm

Rich, don't disappoint me! If I ever come to see you again and I find out that you've slacked off on your guitar practice, I won't be too accepting of you just sitting there and singing to me! :-)
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rhirvine » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:59 am

Rande, I've been practicing a lot for me the past couple of months. I was surprised what came back to me and the facility I've regained. My practice is mostly aimed at leading hymns and praise songs but with a little picking at the beginnings for an intro. I'm doing OK on "I still write your name" though I can't sing it as good as Chet could :D .''

When I saw before your post that admin had posted I thought I was busted or something like that. :o

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins