Tommy E. and John Knowles on Woodsongs

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Tommy E. and John Knowles on Woodsongs

Postby rhirvine » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:02 pm

I was pleased to see that the latest episode of the Michael Johnathon's Woodsongs show on RFD TV featured Tommy Emmanuel and John Knowles. It featured songs from their album that they did together. It was a great show. It was show number 954 I believe. When Tommy plays with other musicians it seems that he mainly uses a straight guitar pick and sometimes the middle and ring fingers of his right hand. when He played solos he used a thumb pick. He also said that his right hand fingernails are like paper so he has built up callouses that pick the strings instead. I think it gives him a special sound of his own. He's going to be touring the the west coast in December and playing locally at Pepperdine university. I should look that up and get tickets.
rhirvine

Re: Tommy E. and John Knowles on Woodsongs

Postby Roger_Pratt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:22 pm

Tommy is having health issues right now and cancelling concerts. He just cancelled one near me and rescheduled for next April. I hope he gets well soon. I'll say a prayer for him.
Roger_Pratt

Re: Tommy E. and John Knowles on Woodsongs

Postby DagerRande » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:46 pm

I imagine that it would be difficult to maintain his hectic schedule while trying to maintain his high level of energy!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins