Missing Chet Videos

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Missing Chet Videos

Postby Banjo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:16 am

What is happening ? There are some really cool Chet videos on youtube ,why are they being taking down? Anyone have that Video of Chet on the Prairie Home Companion Playing Chaplin in new Shoes with Vince and the NightHawks. Please put it back up.I would like to Thank Everyone who put up a Chet Video ON youtube.They are very Inspiring.
Banjo

Re: Missing Chet Videos

Postby Doug Working » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:49 pm

Drives home to me the importance of what I’m doing. Briefly, since I got this new IPad Pro recently, I just now found an app and the method to save YouTube videos to the IPad.

I’m going to start saving Chet vids off Ytube for exactly the reason you stated. Here today, gone tomorrow. You can’t depend on Ytube to keep displaying the videos you love, and especially Chet vids.

But once you have them stored on your device, Ytube has effectively relinquished control of them! Whether they like it or not!

So that’s my plan: get all Chet vids in my own control.

Then eventually when my I pad gets close to full, I have a 2 terabyte slave drive that my tech handy son installed in my pc. So that’s a lot of space. My plan is to transfer from the IPad to the slave drive, at which point I can again start downloading into my IPad. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Only one more step after that. My son informs me. (This is crazy!) that he can actually hook up ANOTHER 2 terabyte drive to the first one as a BACK UP in case the first one takes a dump.

I’m learning a LOT from that boy!

The IPad, btw, is 256 G’s. So that’s a comfy zone for me to play around with. My old pad had only 27 G’s. That sucked! I’m pretty tickled with this one.
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Doug, that's exactly what I did with the YouTube video of Richard Smith at 11 when he was on stage with Chet. It eventually came down and was "lost" for quite a while and it has since returned but this has happened also with other videos. There's no guarantee that what you fall in love with on YouTube will remain accessible indefinitely!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:58 pm

My sentiments exactly! A man after my own heart!

Brothers, we gotta play it smart!
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm

Side note: I did a lot of work on Ytube with Loony Toons voices. All my Bugs and Daffy and Sam videos represent tons of work and time invested. My vocal cords worked really hard to bring those characters to life! Can never get it back.

Now they these videos are all safely on my iPad. I feel so much better, now. This IPad is such a blessing to me.

It’s kind of analogous to the deal concerning purchased DVD discs vs streaming. Difference between night and day. The DVD’s are mine forever. The streaming is at the whim of the company at the other end. One I consider secure, the other is ephemeral.
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins