Chet, Floyd, Boots and Danny

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet, Floyd, Boots and Danny

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:57 am

As I'm laying here in the hospital bed, I've got plenty of time to think. So I'm thinking about Chet. Then I had a flash of a memory about an album I believe I had years ago, and if my old memory serves, it was a compilation of the four greats, titled alpropriately Chet, Floyd, Boots and Danny.
Can someone confirm this for me? And beyond that what were the numbers covered on the album?
Doug Working

Re: Chet, Floyd, Boots and Danny

Postby BillB » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:51 am

Doug,

I don't know the answer to your question, but I sure hope you get better and get back home real soon.

Bill B.
BillB

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 am

Me too, brother. I am absolutely miserable. Facing possible multiple surgeries..my Chet music here on my I-pad is the only thing that keeps me going. Well, that and the sunshine of visits from my beautiful grand-babies.
Doug Working

Postby headgremlin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:14 am

Doug,
Sorry to hear that you are in the hospital. I have been there recently as well, so I know the feeling.

There was an album released on RCA, titled "Chet, Floyd & Danny" RCA APL1-2311. The album comprised of the following songs: (Side 1) La Chicana [Chet, Floyd & Danny]/Java {Floyd Cramer]/I Saw The Light [Danny Davis & Nashville Brass]/Black Mountain Rag [Chet]/Last Date [Floyd Cramer]/Under The Double Eagle [Danny Davis] (Side 2) Four In The Morning [Chet, Floyd & Danny]/Kentucky [Chet]/Wabash Cannonball [Danny Davis]/Theme From "Young & The Restless" [Floyd Cramer]/When You Wish Upon A Star [Chet]

On RCA Camden, there was issued, "Chet, Floyd & Boots" CAS-2523 The songs on the album are: (Side 1) Hot Mocking Bird [Chet]/Piano Roll Rock [Floyd]/Big Daddy [Boots Randolph]/Oh Lonesome Me [Chet]/Georgia On My Mind [Floyd] (Side 2) Yakety Sax [Boots]/From Nashville With Love [Chet]/Cast Your Fate To The Wind [Floyd]/Temptation [Boots]

There was also an album released by RCA Camden Record Club titled "Chet, Floyd & Boots Play Country Favorites" CCM-0135/CCS-0135 [Mono/Stereo] The songs are: (Side 1) Heartbreak Hotel [Chet]/The Three Bells [Floyd]/Greenback Dollar [Boots]/Wabash Cannon Ball [Chet]/Half As Much [Floyd] (Side 2) Sweet Talk [Boots]/San Antonio Rose [Chet]/Kisses And Tears [Floyd]/The Battle Of New Orleans [Boots]/Steel Guitar Rag [Chet]

It seems that there was one other album released by Chet, Floyd & Boots, but I can't think of the title. If I can find it, I'll let you know. That is, if someone else doesn't chime in and list it.

Jere Uncapher
headgremlin

Postby Hendrik » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 am

It seems that there was one other album released by Chet, Floyd & Boots, but I can't think of the title. If I can find it, I'll let you know. That is, if someone else doesn't chime in and list it.

You probably refering to the 3 LP box Country Cavalcade. But this is without Boots. It does contain music of Chet, Floyd and Los Indios Tabajaras.

Hendrik

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 am

Thank you guys for the excellent information! Looks like I was close, but that only counts in horseshoes. Anyway, I don't think Thea records are in my shed, so maybe I can check E-bay after I get released out of this place.
Doug Working

Postby headgremlin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:47 am

Hendrik & Doug,
The other album I was thinking of was issued on CD format. The title is "Chet, Floyd,& Boots - Great Country Instrumentals" BMG Special Products 7551744740-2. The song titles are: Steel Guitar Rag [Chet]/Sittin' On Top Of The World [Chet]/The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise [Chet]/White Silver Sands [Chet]/Stranger On The Shore [Chet]/Tennessee Waltz [Chet]/Oh Lonesome Me [Chet]/I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry [Floyd]/Faded Love [Floyd]/Georgia On My Mind [Floyd]/Last Date [Floyd]/Unchained Melody [Floyd]/I Can't Stop Loving You [Floyd]/You Win Again [Floyd]/Blue Guitar [Boots]/Sleep Walk [Boots]/Temptation [Boots]/So Rare [Boots]/Yakety Sax [Boots]

I had forgotten about the Candlelite Music set with Chet, Floyd & Los Indios Tabajaras.

I hope this is helpful. I enjoy being able to fill other chet-nuts with information needed. I have collected Chet's music since 1968. I have most of his records, but could not afford the two copies of "My Brother Sings" that sold on ebay for $8,110.00 for the 1st copy and $3,550.00 for the 2nd copy. Thankfully, they issued the album on the Record Day Sales a few years ago.

Jere
headgremlin

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:49 am

And the worst part about this whole hospital ordeal is I left my Flexinail at home and have missed several applications. I wanna tell you, since I first got it, I have been DILIGENT. Now I've missed and missed.
Doug Working

Postby rhirvine » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:22 pm

Sorry to hear that you are in a hospital. I'm wishing you well and praying for it too! However, I don't know the answer to your question. I was pleased with the latest "Hee Haw" episode on RFDtv as it had the million dollar band which included all the greats that you mentioned in your post.

best wishes,
Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:51 pm

I'm back out! I'm still kickin' and still pickin'!

But for three days I was fighting for my life.

Glory to God, He still has a reason for me.
Doug Working

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins