Honoring Chet Through Oils

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Honoring Chet Through Oils

Postby Doug Working » Mon May 13, 2019 7:28 pm

I don't know if you have ever seen this, but I think it's marvelous. This guy paints a picture of Mr Guitar in oils, and you get to see the work in progress step by step. Always amazes me.

https://youtu.be/gaiNvCMcXPQ
Doug Working

Re: Honoring Chet Through Oils

Postby DagerRande » Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 am

Doug, that was posted a while back but I'm glad that you "re-introduced" it. I doubt that everyone has seen it.
I agree that it's quite impressive!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm

I wasn't sure about previous postings, so I thought I'd take a chance. It sure does something great for me to watch someone bringing Chet to life right before my very eyes. His skill with the brushes is sort of like Chet's skill with the strings. But two different worlds of expression.

I've done my own foray into painting. But, um, paint by number can't hold a candle to what this man can do!!
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Wed May 15, 2019 8:16 pm

Doug, I don't want spoil anything or detract from his skill but it crossed my mind that he could have done small pieces (time frames) of the painting and then edit each piece until it's perfect and then repeat to completion to create the illusion that perfection was unfolding over time.

The same is possible with musical recording. Nobody knows how many "retakes" and editing were done along the way.

I believe that those are the musicians who avoid public performance so as not to expose themselves.

I'm sorry I'm sounding like a "conspiracy theorist". This guy is very likely very talented and authentic!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Thu May 16, 2019 4:30 pm

No doubt, you are right.
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins