Answer to our nail problems?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Answer to our nail problems?

Postby Doug Working » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Thanks for the links!

So far, I can see a nice, visible improvement in the appearance of my nails, but of course, I need to test this over a couple months before I come to a definite accessment.
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:05 pm

My nails are looking noticeably better, after just a few days. No more visible cracks or tears...but I'm afraid to look a gift horse in the mouth. Previously the tears and splits were like every week.

I'll still give it a month or two to make a final judgement.
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:25 pm

Still going strong on this. No visible cracks or tears, and that is just not something I have enjoyed for YEARS. They have actually gotten long enough so that I can round them, and usually I'll get one or two at the most, with a third one tearing up. Then by the time that third one grows out decent, one of the others breaks. So they "take turns," and I can never seem to have three good ones at once.

But they look nice. Getting longer by the day, and I've been daily using a super strong magnifying glass to inspect them, to see if there are any minute cracks or tears that I can't see. But so far, perfect. And I am actually able to PRACTICE without having to focus on the left hand because the nails on the right are screwed up for two or three weeks.

Keep my fngers crossed.

The instructions say it takes a good 100 days or so to grow out a full nail from the cuticle. And the improvements are supposed to start from the cuticle out. So after 100 days, one should see the whole effect.

I'm almost afraid to look to much with the magnifying glass, or I might break the spell.
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins