Chet Video MC at the White House

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet Video MC at the White House

Postby Bob Greenwood » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 pm

A number of years ago I videotaped off TV a special with Chet as emcee of a show at the White House featuring "Women of Country Music." I think it was done during the Clinton years. Chet played "A little Mark Music" on this show and Kathy Mattea, Suzi Bogguss and others sang "Teach Your Children" and Steven Stills joined in on that one.
A friend of mine borrowed that tape, and I never got it back. He passed away and ,of course, all his tapes went to who knows where.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows that name of that "special" and if it might be available on a video ?
Bob Greenwood

Re: Chet Video MC at the White House

Postby PhilHunt » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Bob, I'm not sure of the name of the special, but I have that clip on dvd of him playing " A Little Mark Music", and Bill and Hilary Clinton are in the audience.
PhilHunt

Postby JohnBinns » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 pm

a show at the White House featuring "Women of Country Music."

It was A White House Concert called "Women of Country". It aired in 1995 on PBS. I recorded the entire show on VHS and digitized it to DVD later. I am positive it is NOT commercially available.
JohnBinns

Postby baggetta » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi, Bob. I had this video up on my Chet TV Page a long while ago. I've reposted for anyone who wants to take a look at it. It is a large file so it might take time to download. I'll only have it up for a short while, so if interested take a look now.
Best
Al B.

http://baggetta.com/chettvpage.htm
baggetta

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins