COLLECTION FOR SALE

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: COLLECTION FOR SALE

Postby pattie surman » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Lee..... The Super Axe was a 16 -inch solid body with a pointed cutaway with onboard compressor and phaser whereas the Atkins Axe was the same guitar with no effects. Thanks Stan.
pattie surman

Postby MountainStanderdTime » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:04 pm

My grandfather played and recorded with Chet durring the 1950's. I do not know the exact years, and I do not know the albums he played backup guitar on. When he died his old albums were gone or disposed of. I am curious if anyone has any of those albums and if his name is on them, or where I could find this informaiton. This is of great value to me. My grandfather died young, but he left stories of Chet, Flat and Scruggs, the Cater family, others, and an extremely rare Gretsch Country Gentleman. Please let me know if you can find the name Wayne Rogers anywhere on anything, or where I could find such informaiton.
MountainStanderdTime

Postby Vidar Lund » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:48 pm

I´ve looked at the 5 CD collection "Chet Atkins: The Early Years" covering 158 recordings done between mid 1946 - October 22, 1956, and his name does not appear in the information on the musicians taking part. He may have been playing on Chet´s recordings after 1956. I´m sure some of the people on the Chetboard will know.
Vidar Lund

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins