It's Back! Richard Smith at 11 with Chet!

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: It's Back! Richard Smith at 11 with Chet!

Postby Doug Working » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 pm

I would not be surprised if what you said about maybe playing guitar in a previous life wasn't the truth. As you said, the ability to disect Chet's records by ear...well, let me say, unless your name happens to be John Knowles, it just ain't easy!

But as with most of us, that's the way I did it. Didn't have a choice back then! (before John Knowles.)

Like I mentioned previously, my "technology," back in those days, was a penny rested on the tone arm of my old record player, in order to slow the licks down! Only problem was, dang it all, it dropped the music an octave or two!!! Kind of hard to match up the notes when you are playing an octave higher than Chet!

But we had to do what we had to do. For the love of Mr Guitar's music!!

Anyway, yeah. Richard is from another planet. Lucky duck.

I was goimg to say the "B" word, but I stuck with duck. Good cheer and an early Christmas to all!
Doug Working

Postby AlBaggetta » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:54 pm

Tried emailing the file to interested parties, but apparently it is too large. I'll have to investigate other means.
Al B.
AlBaggetta

Postby DagerRande » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:14 pm

Al, I think you'll have to copy and paste the YouTube link into an email for your friends.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby AlBaggetta » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:43 pm

Ok. I've put part One of the Seminar (there are 12 parts) on my YouTube Channel. If I get a chance I'll put the others up, but this can give you a chance to hear what went on. Not very good audio, but better than if Mike had not recorded it at all.
Al B.

https://youtu.be/n1nd3QF93J8
AlBaggetta

Postby Doug Working » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 pm

That was wonderful!! Even with the sound quality suffering, it was still like a time machine! Being in a room with Mr Guitar as he explains the super-lick!

That was a time and place I would have given anything to be there!

Brings me back in my life. Just one year before I married Diana. So, yeah, it brings me back!

And man, he really went gang-busters on that Super Lick! Even slowed it down for us mortals!
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins