Would You Trade Lives With......?

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Would You Trade Lives With......?

Postby DagerRande » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:57 pm

I posted the following question on FaceBook without letting anyone know that my emphasis related to music performance and travel. It seemed very appropriate here.

I have a very sincere question to ask and it isn’t meant to stir up any controversy. Every once in a while I I find myself being envious of particular individuals whose lives are full of experiences that I know I would love and I enjoy following the details of their lives as they continue to report these. It doesn’t matter who they are or what they are doing, but we’ve all said things like “I wish I could trade lives with….” It may be about international travel, good looks, wealth, fame, etc. but what if our wish could be granted under the following conditions: We must give up EVERYTHING in our own lives, including our friends and family, our skills and talents, our health condition, genetics, etc. Those will all be traded for the friends and family of the person we envy, their skills and talents, their physical appearance, their genetics and health condition, their financial status, their personality, their stresses, etc. Is there anyone who you’d like to do a COMPLETE trade with? I have very easily talked myself into an emphatic NO!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Would You Trade Lives With......?

Postby Tom Workman » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Interesting thing to ponder, Rande but, the answer is easy for me. "NO"! My life has had it's trials and tribulations along with many wonderful experiences but, I am a blessed man. I am married to a wonderful woman, have two wonderful daughters and a granddaughter, many great friends and reasonably good health and get to play a lot of finger-style guitar which brings me great satisfaction. Like I tell everyone, I am happy as a pig in mud right here in my little house on the corner! It will be interesting to see how others respond to your question.
Tom Workman

Postby DagerRande » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Tom, I have gotten a ton of responses and the general feeling from most is that they wouldn't want to trade lives with anyone if it means that they would have to give up everything they have in order to accomplish that. I have yet to hear from even one person who would be willing to give up all they have! People only seem to think about what they want and not about what they'll lose in the trade!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 am

So Rande, when you think about it, you are essentially asking about QUANTUM LEAPING?

Daff
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:42 pm

No Doug, I'm just reasoning my way out of wishing I could trade lives with Richard Smith! :D
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm

Lol!!
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins