Mr, Guitar Magazine

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Mr, Guitar Magazine

Postby Harold Payne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I refrained from bothering Dr Pritcher with such a trivial question but could anyone please tell me the latest issue number of Mr. Guitar Magazine? The last on I received was issue 81 in Dec 2017. Thanks for any responses and best wishes to all chetboarders. Harold Payne UGP (Uncertified Guitar Player)
Harold Payne

Re: Mr, Guitar Magazine

Postby Harold Payne » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Correction to Previous reports...should have said Issue 91. This happens to me frequently. Wonder if age 85 + has anything to do with it?.. Harold Payne UGP
Harold Payne

Postby Larry Marchino » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:30 am

Don't think you've missed one. Issue 91 is the last one I have received also. We should be receiving another issue soon as we usually receive one just before the convention. I always look forward to seeing who will be at the convention.

Larry Marchino
Larry Marchino

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:22 pm

Larry, you touched on a sensitive topic for me. I also like to see who's there and I enjoy getting together with friends who I never see any other time. In terms of playing fingerstyle, there is nobody else here at home but I continue to practice as if there were. One point of focus for me every year is to observe the politics of who gets to perform on the main stage vs. the side rooms and who is overlooked that shouldn't be. I have to do a lot of digging to find those "hidden gems" who most people are unaware of. I've learned that the choices of who performs is not directly proportional to talent. No, you can't suck and expect to be up on stage but conversely you can be very good and nobody knows it.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:57 pm

That's wild!!
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins