Chester and Lester album

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Chester and Lester album

Postby DagerRande » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:04 pm

I think that we all have varying degrees of how far short of Chet that we fall. For not having any mentors or anyone to show me anything, I feel fortunate that I've learned what I have. Years of listening to records and practice time has always been very enjoyable. For me it has never been HOW to play one of Chet's tunes but the challenge has been playing smoothly and flawlessly. This is why my comments are always about technique, nails, etc. never about how to play a particular section of a particular song. Richard Smith has been very inspirational when I've watched him and sharing his suggestions about metronomes, precision, slowing things down to achieve perfection, etc. I was very humbled when I would show Tommy Jones how to play a particular passage of something I was working on and without any practice, he would play it so much better than I did! I will always consider myself to be (in Jerry's words) much more of a "guitar thinker than a guitar player".
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Chester and Lester album

Postby LMark » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:11 pm

rhirvine wrote:Maybe it didn't make the cut on vinyl but there was more room on a CD release of the Chester and Lester album.
A likely reason that it did not make the cut is heard around 1:16. LMark
LMark

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins