Sesame Street Theme

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Sesame Street Theme

Postby DagerRande » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:04 pm

My attempt at my own arrangement of the theme to "Sesame Street". I don't know why it doesn't start at the beginning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej5mK2US8QA&t=16s
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Sesame Street Theme

Postby rhirvine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:24 pm

I liked it a lot! See my reply on FB but I basically said I would like to be able (I can't) play it for my two grandsons out on Cape Cod Mass. the next time I visit but know I can't.

best regards,
Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:46 am

Thanks, Rich. Well, I guess it's a little different because it's my own arrangement and I didn't have to learn someone else's....lol
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Jerome Makela » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:08 pm

Looks like you have mastered video recording after a few years of researching it. Sound, video quality and playing ability are all great. Always enjoyed your posts and now putting music to your them is a nice addition.
Keep it up,
Jerome Makela
Jerome Makela

Postby Ray Bohlken » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Great job, Rande. I enjoyed your arrangement and your playing. You have a nice touch. Please keep posting your playing.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Postby DagerRande » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Jerome, I don't feel that I've really "mastered" it. I just realized that the quality I set as a goal was never going to happen and time was slipping by so I finally gave in to seemingly endless encouragement.......lol

I appreciate that, Ray! I intend to continue with this even though I'm not totally happy with the quality. I know that most people would be fine with it.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby bwalkertwalker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:48 am

Great arrangement! Great execution!

Brent Walker
bwalkertwalker

Postby DagerRande » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:10 pm

“Mr. Walker” I want you to know that your comment about my execution made my day and means more to me than you’ll ever know! I relate very much to Jerry’s assessment of himself when he says that he is more of a “guitar thinker” than a “guitar player”. I can conceive of and come up with all sorts of ideas and arrangements but I always feel that I fall way short of my expectations when it comes to their execution and implementation. This is why I’ve taken so long to start posting anything. However, time marches on and I don’t want to find myself one day on my deathbed with a life full of regret for never having shared my ideas online and wishing that I had!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:14 pm

That was a true pleasure to listen to. I bow to you, sir, on a job well done. If I ever learn to play half as good as you, I'll be happy. Beautiful arrangement. Lots of walks on the bass, putting me to mind of "Young Thing."

You REALLY need to post more!

Doug
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Thank you, Doug. I've learned that I'm able to please others much more than I do myself! Did you also see my original from 2 weeks ago "Sneakin' in Broad Daylight"? I like to either come up with originals or at least original arrangements. I have a thing about not wanting to be buried among many performances of the same thing. Thanks,Doug! I'll post more!
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Next

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins