Count On Jerry To Liven Things Up!

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Count On Jerry To Liven Things Up!

Postby Doug Working » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:23 pm

Had the good fortune last night to catch a re-run (what else?) of the Glen Campbell show. Year of 1982. Highlight of my day.

Jerry Reed was Glen's special guest, and I wanna tell you...well son!!! Man! What a tour de force! Jerry sang probably a half dozen songs with Glenn, and the place was Jumpin'! Good pickin'! Good sngin'! What more could you ask out of life.
Count on the Alabama Wildman to liven things up! I do believe Jerry never had a boring day in his life!

I sure do miss him.

Jerry was truly one of a kind.

Been said before, but God broke the mold.

Doug
Doug Working

Re: Count On Jerry To Liven Things Up!

Postby rhirvine » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I'd love to have seen that show. Jerry was so hot at that time and as we all know "when you're hot you're hot"

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Postby Ken Stowell » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:34 pm

Rich, I think this is the one Doug is referring to; the 2nd half is Glen and Jerry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEHf5u0fZkc
Ken Stowell

Postby Doug Working » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Yup! That was it! Solid gold! Thanks for the link. Now I can watch it over and over. Happy happy, joy joy!

Doug
Doug Working

Postby rhirvine » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Thanks for that link Ken! I can't believe the amount of performances I have missed on TV over the years. I think a lot of them were probably on cable channels and my neighborhood didn't get cable TV until the 90's. I've watched about half of it so far on my laptop. I'm going to see if I can use my Sony DVD box to get on youtube and find the show by title so I can play it on my big screen TV. Oh the age we live in.

Rich Irvine
rhirvine

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins