Neat Little Amp

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Neat Little Amp

Postby Steve Moran » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 pm

Just wanted to share that I found a neat little amp at the pawnshop. It's a Kustom 66 Dart. Believe it's a 6.5" speaker but it could be 8" - haven't taken the back off to measure it. It's a closed back solid state amp with the tuck n roll covering. It says 25 watts on the back and mine is a red one. Believe they were made around 2006. It really has a good sound; :) very nice for a Bigsby-equipped guitar, steel string w/pickup, or classical with a pick-up. It also puts out enough volume I think it could work in a small, quieter room like a small coffee shop or something similar. Has a very pleasant delay and reverb built into it. The rhythm channel is really nice for Chet style playing. The distortion channel is very nice also and sustains the notes for a long time. Anyway just having fun playing through it. I have other amps that enjoy playing through like the JC77, JC50, Peavey Delta Blues w/15" JBL, Pignose Crossmix, etc. but have been choosing to play through this one lately. Haven't tried the Gibson CEC through it yet but imagine it will sound good with that also. Keep on pickin fellow Chetboarders!
Steve Moran
Steve Moran

Re: Neat Little Amp

Postby Doug Working » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Sounds really sweet. Sure would like to hear it! How about posting a photo for us?
Doug Working

Postby Steve Moran » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Go to Ebay and search for:
Kustom Dart 66
Steve Moran

Postby Steve Moran » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 pm

in the Completed Items listing. You'll see some white tuck n roll versions and a blue one. Mine is just like those but red.
Thanks.
Steve
Steve Moran

Postby Steve Moran » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:10 pm

Here are two examples I just saw on ebay of this model amp; one red and one blue.
Thanks.
Steve
Attachments
Kustom Dart 66 Blue.jpg
Kustom Dart 66 Red.jpg
Steve Moran

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins