Jack Baker's new site!

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Jack Baker's new site!

Postby DagerRande » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:12 pm

I’m very happy to let everyone know that I was just contacted by Jack Baker and he wanted me to let you all know that his site has been redone and available again. I checked it out and it’s very nice! For those who don’t know, the URL is www.frettedinstrumentsnyc.com and you have to click on the “Music” drop down tab to find Chet’s music. He has the Tabledit tab as well as the MIDI for each song and the recently requested song “I Know that You Know” is there. Even though I don’t really use Tab, I still think this is probably the best Tab site for Chet’s music out there!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Jack Baker's new site!

Postby Steve Sanders » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:24 pm

THANKS A LOT RANDE!! I updated my Tabledit and downloaded "I Know That You Know". But it's all crazy looking!! I was wondering what setting to use to just get the tab and chord symbols, not all those other instruments and bars. I used to download stuff from Jack's site a few years ago inbetween times is was up and down but somehow my printing parameters got lost and I can't remember what they were. Probably because I've had one or two new computers since then!! So if you have the setting for plain ol' simple tab with chords I would sure appreciate a heads up! Thanks again, Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby DagerRande » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:51 pm

Steve, you mean you've downloaded the tab and now you want to print it? I'm not sure, I've never done it. There is a Yahoo group dedicated to Tabledit and I'm sure they would know. Maybe someone else reading this will know. I might also ask Jack.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:09 pm

To say this is great news is an UNDERSTATEMENT! I know where I'm gonna spend the next month!
Doug Working

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:10 am

Doug, I have sad news.I talked to Jack last night and as it turns out, I misunderstood him. He saw that the tab for a particular song was requested and he was letting me know that he had made it available. I extrapolated that to assuming that everything I saw on his site was available. It used to be but unfortunately isn't any more. I do have a lot of tabs from those days when everything on his site was available. You could let me know which ones you're interested in and maybe I'll have it.
Rande Dager

DagerRande

Postby Pickin Palmer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Wow - Jack's back! I never saw that tab of IKYK by Mike Joyce - he's the biggest reason I could stop with my "horrible" tabs years ago - he's the best at it... If I came up with a toon I would have normally given a shot at tabbing - I'd just suggest it to Mike... and, BING - it was dun!! He's nailed that IKYK tune...

Palmer

PS If you want another good ol' Chet tune that Mike Joyce tabbed up try Mountain Melody... It's ALL CHET!!
Pickin Palmer

Postby Steve Sanders » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 pm

I did go to Jack Baker's site and with a lot of finaggaling (iz zat even a word?) I did manage to download "I Know That You Know" tab and got it printed out!! THANKS Rande and Jack. I used to go there awhile back and have lots of tabs for lots of Chet tunes. But now I go back and it looks like it isn't working again!!! Just like the old days.....up one minute and down the next. And I understand that. It's his site and he can manage it as he see's fit. Sure wish it was wide open to all......all the time. It's a real treasure trove of Chet stuff. I did have some trouble getting the tab to print correctly without all that "extra" mumbo-jumbo. I just wanted the tab and chords. Finally figgered it out and I'm mighty thankful. By the way, it is sure good to see the ol' ChetBoard perkin' right along. Got quieter than a mouse peein' on a cotton ball there for awhile! This site is important especially to a lot of us old-timey Chet fiends who want to keep the legacy alive and pickin'! THANKS to one and all. I'm as giddy as a junebug on a porch light....a yellar one!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby kwarren » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:17 am

Steve Sanders wrote: "Got quieter than a mouse peein' on a cotton ball"

I've never heard this phrase before. It tickled me so much I nearly wet my trousers laughing! :D
kwarren

Postby Doug Working » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Pickin Palmer wrote:Wow - Jack's back! I never saw that tab of IKYK by Mike Joyce - he's the biggest reason I could stop with my "horrible" tabs years ago - he's the best at it... If I came up with a toon I would have normally given a shot at tabbing - I'd just suggest it to Mike... and, BING - it was dun!! He's nailed that IKYK tune...

Palmer

PS If you want another good ol' Chet tune that Mike Joyce tabbed up try Mountain Melody... It's ALL CHET!!

"Mountain Melody" takes me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back! Sweet memories. I was just like 12 or 13 and discovered the first Chet record In my life sitting on my mom and dad's dresser. Mom had an old record player that she had won as a door prize at Bingo. "Who's this?" So I innocently grabbed the record and plopped it on the turntable.

At that moment my life would never be the same.

Mountain melody was one of the tunes on that record....
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins