Joint care and fending off "Arthur"

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Joint care and fending off "Arthur"

Postby Steve Moran » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 pm

Hey Everybody,
Also, for me, uric acid levels (borderline gout levels) have been consistently high for years and I believe has contributed to stiffness/pain in fingers and feet. Taking two tart cherry capsules once a day has really helped. So if any of ya'll have a high uric acid level taking tart cherry capsules may do the trick. If it's like my physicals I have to ask the doctor to include uric acid levels in the bloodwork panel.

Pickin Palmer - have you ever had your uric acid levels tested? Maybe since you've been experiencing pain for years throughout your body gout is the cause?

Also, taking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning I believe really seems to help with the hand pain/stiffness.

Have been taking glucosamine/chondroitin/msm over the years as other posts indicate and it does seem to help however I started taking that for back pain though.
Thanks
Steve Moran
Steve Moran

Postby Doug Working » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:53 pm

Actually, now that you mention it, I have been incorporating a short yoga routine into my mornings as of late. Too early to tell if it helps me, though.

Doug
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:05 pm

I want to add that I FOUND my answer!

Well, let me say I found a HUGE piece of the puzzle. I was delighted yesterday when a little serendipity came my way. and as I was reading my notes on my I-pad, I happened upon an old article that I had saved but previously not read.

But as I perused it THIS TIME, the proverbial light came on. The article was by Dr Josh Axe, who is very knowledgable in natural health protocols, and the article explained in pain staking detail the benefits of COLLOGEN. It was almost encyclopedic! I never realized the importance of collagen in fending off Arther, and in JOINT FLEXIBILITY!

Dr Axe explained it marvelously. Collagen is pretty much indispensable in the health of joints, fingernails, skin and even bones.

Luckily, a few days ago I had purchased a container of Dr Axe's collagen supplement in my health food store. It's odorless, tasteless, and I am now incorporating it into morning smoothies. His formulation is made of five different sources of collagen, which is good, because each source helps a specific part of your body..

So as far as the answer to keeping finger joints supple and free of arthritis, this is big, big, BIG.

So I'm on my way.

Doug
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Anything that will help, as I said, fills in another piece of the puzzle. We need every advantage on our side, if we are to keep pickin' well into our "golden years."

Doug
Doug Working

Postby Doug Working » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:31 pm

I just found a product that I think I might give a try. It explains that KEY in joint health is vitamin B1, also known as naiacinimide.

Now I am taking Niacinimide from bulk that I purchased, which is a start, however the article goes on to explain, and rightfully so, that ABSORPTION, or "bioavailability" is of paramount importance. If your body doesn't absorb the nutrient (ANY nutrient, for that matter) it just ends up in the toilet, which is the problem with a lot of pills.

So the formulation includes THE KEY co-active nutrients that help your body to absorb the Niacinimide. Just makes sense, to me.

So I'm thinking about giving it a try.

I had a wake up call a couple weeks ago. Was putting together a jigsaw puzzle, dropped a piece on the floor, and bent over to pick it up. It put me out of commission for several days. Yeah. I put my back out. From the simple act of bending over! Who would have thunk??

The pain was so severe that I could only shuffle instead of walk. I looked like Tim Conway's "Old Man" from the Carol Burnette show! I could only walk about an inch per minute. It was locked up. Decided to try to soak in the tub to ease the pain, and got stuck there. My brother, bless his heart, had to lift me out. Then I got stuck in my bed, and he had to lift me out again!

But when your back doesn't bend, you find out REAL FAST how important joint mobility is!

So I was in severe pain.

That's a wake up call to me that I MUST TAKE CARE OF MY JOINTS!

So I'm pretty sure I'll give this a try.
Doug Working

Postby bill raymond » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Doug,
Oral intake of collagen can't hurt anything (except your pocketbook), but its use as a supplement to ward off osteoarthritis is of dubious value. You really can't believe all the hype about such nostrums. See https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/collag ... oint-pain/ .
bill raymond

Postby Doug Working » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:03 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll surely check it out, as I believe I can ALWAYS learn something new. Learning everyday is what my life is all about.
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins