Chet's E and A string spacing

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Chet's E and A string spacing

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:41 am

Doug
You brought this on yourself.
Micah and those of us that knew Paul on this board are very protective of him.

My advice.

Apologize to Micah and move on from it.
Eddie Estes

Postby bill raymond » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:51 am

It's time now for everyone to take a deep breath and forget this ridiculous bickering.
bill raymond

Postby rkk2786 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Doug this will be my last reply on this subject from me. I have no doubt dad said that to you, he had no patience for annoying questions. He would talk to and try to help anyone if he could, he never turned anyone way if they wanted him to show them a tune or lick, fix a guitar or answer questions. He was always fielding calls at home from guys that needed help, we never had an unlisted phone #. Dad, spoke from his heart with fewer words than most people used and said exactly what he was thinking, if people didn't like the answer they got, that's just life.

For you to publish a statement like you did after a person is dead and can't respond for themselves is selfish and stupid on your part. I'm no longer upset at you about this, just understand if you or anyone disrespects my dad or family I will not standby idol without confronting that person.

If you can't see the wrong in what you said then I just feel sorry for you!

Best regards,
Micah
rkk2786

Postby Steve Sanders » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Hey Doug, I read your post about your YouTube channel and all the stuff you put on there. What name or where do I look to see your stuff? For other folks reading this post somebody worked real hard and put a bunch of Chet's takes from old radio programs on the Tube. You just gotta check'em out! Lot's of tunes I've never heard. Now I have a better understanding of why Chet was getting fired all the time. I'm sure playing like he did early on really impacted other guitar players. He was kind'a wild in those days!!! Thanks fellars!!! Steve
Steve Sanders

Postby Roger Pratt » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Steve I'm pretty sure he lists under the name "Daffy Doug" on youtube. He has a bunch of stuff on there.
Roger Pratt

Postby Doug Working » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

I do apologize. Not the kind of person who IINTENDS or wants to hurt anyone. You have to believe I mean that with utter sincerity. Just a guy who had a hero when biological dad's can't be one.

I had a dad too. Mine beat me. Then sent me off to school to be beat by the bullies at school. I grew up a nervous wreck. Guitar and Chet was all I had in life to be "accepted." In the world. Till I went into the military and served my country and finally got a little confidence.

My dad passed Jan 11, 2006.

I never was able to be close to my dad. He never told me he loved me. I found out his own dad did him the same way.

Chet, to the young boy I was, was like the dad I never really "had." If a dad is emotionally distant; aloof, you don't "have him."

Hard to know what questions here are going to irritate someone. Impossible to know. Can't read people's minds. Can only stick my toe in the water and hope it doesn't get bit. Was brought up with the teaching that "the only stupid question is the one you don't ask."

Perhaps as of now, I no longer believe that and must jettison that belief.

And some hurts just last for years and years.

And sometimes people don't see eye to eye and misunderstandings arise and one gets flamed when others are not able to see one's eyes and key body language.

That's life, no?

Again, I apologize. I'll try to be nicer from here on. The Good Lord is gracious and willing to forgive us all, we mere humans. "Carbon units."

Doug
Doug Working

Postby Eddie Estes » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Doug

When you have a dad you love and you lose him the memory of him is precious to you.
My dad passed away last November and his memory is precious to me.

My dad was a complicated person who busted my behind when I needed it which was often. But on the other hand he had my back no matter what and bought me some nice guitars.

The big shock is he was my step dad. He never made me feel like I was anything but his son.

Paul was someone who I became close friends with and he basically gave me people-Micah and Sheri and Marie who I consider an extended family.

As they said in Bill and Ted. Let’s be excellent to each other here.
Eddie Estes

Postby Doug Working » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:39 pm

:)
Doug Working

Postby JavieRickson1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 am

What is the best string spacing guys can anyone show some photos? thanks

brass knuckles
JavieRickson1

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins