Whoever has been praying, I thank you

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Whoever has been praying, I thank you

Postby Doug Working » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:16 pm

If any among us has entreated the LORD for my injured arm, then I would like to say thank-you. Today I was able to play for a few minutes. That's progress, as I could not go for more than a minute or two. (Stopped by pain.)

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to expand my woodshedding efforts. Perhaps a little more every day. Then perhaps two weeks from now I'll be back in business. Or so I hope. One thing for sure. Lesson learned. Never, and I mean NEVER, NEVER again will I get my blood pressure checked. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

But again, I'm giving my thanks here to anyone who prayed for my arm.

Means a lot to me.

More than you know.

Doug
Doug Working

Re: Whoever has been praying, I thank you

Postby DagerRande » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 pm

Doug, I was one who did and I'd like to say that appreciate what I've ascertained about you in all of your posts. You are dedicated to improvement and you attend church, which is very important in this crazy world, though some may not agree with me. I also appreciate your awareness of detail and your articulation
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Whoever has been praying, I thank you

Postby Doug Working » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:50 pm

That is very kind of you to say that!

I can only agree with you, although I don't know how you perceived it, but I am one of the most fanatically detail oriented persons I know. Detail is almost like an obsession with me.

When me and my brother were boys, you could literally paint a straight line right down the center of our bedroom. I was the Felix side, and he is Oscar. I said "is" because decades later, nothing has changed. My room is still neat as a proverbial pin, while my brother's is a tragic, scattered mess.

I enjoy painting. And I get each painting down to the most minute detail.

Everything in my life is like that. I am fanatical about details. I just can not HELP IT! So you nailed it. You are absolutely correct. Good observation, my man!
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins