Difficult Christmas Tunes To Arrange And Play

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Difficult Christmas Tunes To Arrange And Play

Postby kwarren » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 am

DagerRande wrote:I have had files much larger than 50 Mb. sent to me via Dropbox. They just uploaded them and then gave me the log-in info to download them.

I do have a Dropbox account that I haven't used for years (and forgot about). It is still active so I will look into this on the weekend.

Kirk
kwarren

Postby kwarren » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:52 am

Doug Working wrote:Right.

I'll tell ya' what I miss. When I were a younger buck, I recorded every Chet TV appearance in the world on good ol' VHS tape. Then through the years of moving, and I moved a lot, they got lost. They are gone forever now, but I'd give anything to have them back.

Kind of like the fact that when I was a kid, my dad used to film us all on 8mm home movies. Before he died, he had all those movies transferred to VHS tape, and that too was lost along with the Chet tapes.

Sad, sad, sad for me to think about all this.

Doug

Doug, that is too bad. I keep hoping that someone has and will one day post the video of Chet playing the long version of "Both Sides Now" from the Merv Griffin show from the early 70s.
kwarren

Postby Doug Working » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:06 pm

One of my favorite Chet arrangements. Always loved Chet's playing on that tune. Tried to learn it.

And the violins on that cut are so sweet and plangent they make me want to cry. Chet had wonderful TASTE.

Anyway, don't give up hope. It may show up someday!

Doug
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins