A Rare Chet Christmas Treasure

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

A Rare Chet Christmas Treasure

Postby Doug Working » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:23 pm

I posted this 9 years ago (Man, I'm reeling in the years!) on my Y'tube Chet channel, but it has always touched my heart. It's a rare Chet treasure! And to think, when it was recorded by Chet and Merle, I was just being BORN!

So it's Chet and his baby girl at that time, daughter Merle, singing vocals to Chet's wonderful pickin' on "Sleighbells, Reindeer and Snow."

It's so sweet. I can just picture Merle with her daddy recording this.

It's one of a BUNCH of Chet Christmas tunes I posted, back when I had a p.c.

Merry Christmas!

https://youtu.be/gRnhtcEQdK8

Doug
Doug Working

Re: A Rare Chet Christmas Treasure

Postby rhirvine » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:53 pm

I've never heard that before. Thanks for posting it!

Rich
rhirvine

Re: A Rare Chet Christmas Treasure

Postby Doug Working » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:48 pm

My pleasure. I'm blessed to have a lot of rare Chet treasures, studio outtakes and such. I posted a bunch of them on my channel, until life came along and hit me hard and I no longer had a p.c., or a home. If all that had never happened, I think I would still be happily and assiduously posting on my Chet channel. *sigh*

But sometimes, life has it's own plans. I'm still thankful to have posted what I did, back in my salad days. I think it was over 500 Chet tunes, along with all the hard work I put into making those videos. And believe me, it was a lot of hard work. But I did it for Chet's memory; legacy.

Perhaps someday, if life treats me kind, and I get a home and a p.c. back, I will take up where I left off. Perhaps. I think I only posted about half of my Chet collection.

Doug
Doug Working

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins