Old radio recordings on Youtube

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Re: Old radio recordings on Youtube

Postby Doug Working » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:19 pm

I used to think I had every Chet recording ever made by collecting all his albums over the decades, and later CD's, but over the last couple years, boy did I get an education! Dozens and dozens of old Chet recordings all over the place that I hardly knew existed! (Makes me happy though).

Now I have many, many of them in my I-pad thanks to I-tunes store. Chet was PROLIFIIC beyond words! It has been said that he is the most recorded instrumentalist in history, and I absolutely believe that.

Here's a rare recording that you may not be aware of: on a Boots Randolph album Chet was the guest accompaniniest on Boot's version of Widwood Flower. (Of course, Chet was on home turf with that one!) Anyway, he played a nice little solo on that cut, but for the life of me, to this day I don't remember the title of the Boots album.

I wonder if anybody else knows?

Doug
Doug Working

Postby headgremlin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:39 pm

The Boots Randolph album is titled, "Country Boots".

Thanks. Jere
headgremlin

Postby Doug Working » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:44 pm

Thank you a million! You are right! As soon as you mentioned it, the title immediately rang a bell. It was indeed country boots.

Do you have the album? Or do you know where it can be heard? I've got a lot of Boots on CD, but that is one that I need to add to my collection, pronto!

Doug
Doug Working

Previous

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins