Chet the Accompanist

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Chet the Accompanist

Postby DagerRande » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 pm

This came to me in an email and focused on being the 94th birthday of Hank Williams. The offer was for a Chet course but the attraction was supposed to be that he accompanied Hank. It was like Chet was viewed as not having his own identity and needed to be associated with Hank for credibility!

Today marks 94 years since Hank Williams' birth.

We're proud to host a course by Nashville legend Chet Atkins who backed Hank on classics like 'Cold, Cold Heart' and 'Jambalaya' .

We created a discount code for Chet's guitar course on MusicGurus, which expires once today's anniversary is over.
Use code: HANKANDCHET20 before the end of the day for 20% off.

The course is based on a great DVD Chet filmed before his passing. He teaches his arrangements of tunes like 'Maybelle', 'Londonderry Aire' and 'When You Wish Upon A Star', with the sheet music and tab included!
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Chet the Accompanist

Postby rhirvine » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

Well if nothing else (for myself) I now know that Chet backed Hank Williams on some of his hits. thanks.
rhirvine

Postby DagerRande » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Yes Rich, I know he did but to have to explain who Chet was caught me off guard. The assumption was that nobody would know who he was unless he was presented as having backed up Hank. To me it's backwards. I would look at Hank as one of the many who Chet backed up, with Chet being the focus.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Postby rhirvine » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 pm

I get your point and agree with you.
rhirvine

Postby Ray Bohlken » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Rande, I agree...this was kind of strange. I know we're all Chet centric, but any who would be interested in that Chet Course would probably know of him and might even be thrown off by the Hank Williams reference.
Take care.
Ray
Ray Bohlken

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins