Merry Christmas to all my old friends

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Merry Christmas to all my old friends

Postby Davey » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey Guys....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my old buddies from the 99-00 convention. Hope eveeryone is doing well. I'm still pickin' as much as possible....Hope you are too.

Love Ya'll

Davey Baer
Davey

Re: Merry Christmas to all my old friends

Postby Tompicks » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:52 pm

It is really great to hear from you, Merry Christmas Dave. I remember spending time with you at those conventions and I have pictures of you somewhere, I'll see if I can dig those up.

Tom
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby LMark » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Davey! Wow. A dozen years. Seems like yesterday we started chatting about Chet. There was the Kentucky thumbpickers club. In fact, wasn't it the Kentucky site that had the first chat room? I can't even remember if we could play back and forth at the very beginning. It was yourself, Dan Bishop, Palmer--and wasn't Jim (Pa) Cobble in the early chats? It seems like Len and Ken came a little later, but I might be wrong about that. Roger Pratt was fairly early, and, of course tabmeister, LarryK. Oh, and don't forget B+ (Ken Smith), of single-coil fame. My mind can't bring all the names up just now. And even PaulY would come in and chat with us now and again. And Russ Jenkins, from UK. LMark
LMark

Postby Tompicks » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Here he is, a true Chet fan.
Tom Redmond
Tompicks

Postby Davey » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Thanks guys..........I still remember every minute of the good times we all had at those conventions. If anyone that frequents this board has not been to one, you don't know what you're missing.

Lmark.....Yes we all had a great time on the old site.....The one that Dan Bishop and I set up on Yahoo was the first in 98'. Later on, we moved over to cyberriver and Larry Kuhns was the webmaster. It was great to have Paul join us on Saturday nights and let us know how Chet and Jerry were doing.

A bunch of my old buddies have Facebook pages, so I can kinda keep up with them that way......and, this board as well.

Tom..... I'm much prettier now than I was in that pic :D

Love Ya'll, and Merry Christmas,
Davey
Davey

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins