Brooks playing "Live at Five" by Buster B. Jones

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Brooks playing "Live at Five" by Buster B. Jones

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:30 am

Last night at CAAS in Kirk Sand's room, Brooks did an informal concert and I basically sat right under his nose. Here is one he did that always blows me away to watch! His right hand control is amazing! I haven't posted videos here before so I'm just including the link.

https://youtu.be/58Gio7cvJrc
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Re: Brooks playing "Live at Five" by Buster B. Jones

Postby Richard Hudson » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 am

Is that a Brooks model Sand guitar? I haven't seen that one before. It is still hard for me to believe Brooks' ability. I remember the first time Buster B brought him to the CAAS. I think he was 12 then and had only been playing under Buster B's tutelage for about 3 months. He was unbelievable then, and still is.
Richard Hudson

Re: Brooks playing "Live at Five" by Buster B. Jones

Postby DagerRande » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:12 am

Yes Richard, that was Brooks' signature model Sand guitar. One thing Brooks told me last year was that he had never played the guitar before meeting Buster, so he had nothing to "unlearn". Last night he told us that Buster would give him 8 bars of a song to learn and go home and work on it for a week before he was given the next 8 bars, and this continued until the song was learned! He also now has 1 semester under his belt of an 8 semester program at Berklee. He said that 70% of what he does has nothing to do with the guitar and he has to work around everything to keep up his skills.
Rande Dager

We are all capable of doing more than we think we can!
DagerRande

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins