Craig's The Guitar Style of Jerry Reed

Discussion of history's greatest guitar player.

Craig's The Guitar Style of Jerry Reed

Postby keener » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:13 pm

I just finished looking through Craig Dobbins' "The Guitar Style of Jerry Reed" and I am super impressed with the job Craig did in putting it together. In addition to the detailed transcriptions, Craig discusses technique and also has a great interview with Jerry. There's a fine letter from Chet included, as well as one from Jerry.

I recently posted that Chet and my Dad were the one's who really got me started with fingerstyle, and they must always deserve top honors and credit for anything good that I do on the guitar. But, I must say that nobody ever got me to feel music like Jerry did, and there were no licks on the guitar that I coveted more than his. I don't think there ever has been a more creative player than Jerry, either, and his picking inspired me to (try to) be creative.

If you haven't gotten your copy of Craig's neatest book (or at least I think it's his neatest), you owe it to yourself to grab a copy at craigdobbins.com

No, Craig didn't pay me to do this, and the post will probably surprise him. I was just so impressed with his work that I wanted to bring the subject of it back up again, even though it's been posted a couple of times.

Take care.
Bruce
keener

Re: Craig's The Guitar Style of Jerry Reed

Postby craigdobbins » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks, Bruce.

Craig
craigdobbins

Return to Mister Guitar, Chet Atkins